The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have seen many reviews on Google about London Met and the majority of them are negative, my schools told me London Met is a great uni where you can secure a career, but if this is the case then why does London Met have a bad reputation?
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In general, I think they have a great reputation. They're pretty much the only unarmed police service in a major city in the world, and very rarely use the kind of force that is commonplace across the rest of the world. People who complain about the Met invariably have no experience of policing in the rest of the world.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
In general, I think they have a great reputation. They're pretty much the only unarmed police service in a major city in the world, and very rarely use the kind of force that is commonplace across the rest of the world. People who complain about the Met invariably have no experience of policing in the rest of the world.
I meant London met as in the university, not the police
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
You fish
Cubone-r
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The RAR)
I have seen many reviews on Google about London Met and the majority of them are negative, my schools told me London Met is a great uni where you can secure a career, but if this is the case then why does London Met have a bad reputation?
It has a poor reputation because it is consistently ranked at the bottom of university league tables every year. However, this does not mean that you cannot get a good job with a degree from London Met as people clearly do.
iss123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cubone-r)
It has a poor reputation because it is consistently ranked at the bottom of university league tables every year. However, this does not mean that you cannot get a good job with a degree from London Met as people clearly do.
my sister went to a 'low rank' university and achieved a first
now shes on her way to doing a phd

I think its what you make of the university and how hard you want to work, not how high ranking a university is
Cubone-r
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by iss123)
my sister went to a 'low rank' university and achieved a first
now shes on her way to doing a phd

I think its what you make of the university and how hard you want to work, not how high ranking a university is
Of course - it's not the university name that does the work it is the student themselves.

Not everyone can go Oxbridge or a top 30 university, but that doesn't stop students from lower ranking universities from gaining graduate employment or furthering their education.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (52)
28.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.29%
No I am happy with my choice (100)
55.25%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads