The Student Room Group

University asking for Grade B in GCSE English but I only have at Grade C

I am doing an access course and have been told to look at universities that I want to go to for physiotherapy. All the universities that I have looked into are asking for Grade B in English Language but I only have a Grade C. Is there anything I can do to get accepted with a Grade C as I am a mature student so would my life experience make up for it or something , or should I retake my English Language but I don't want to do it as an Access Course is long and I won't be able to focus on the access course as much if I'm doing GCSE English as well
Needs advice ?
Reply 1
I would phone up the universities you are interested in and ask them directly! Explain your qualifications and ask them what else they need for you to be considered. If it comes to it, a resit really isn't the end of the world :smile:
As above, each Uni has a different approach with mature applicants so ask each one. However, if you are this shaky about retaking a GCSE (which isnt that difficult), then you really do need to think about the reality of doing a degree.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending