Living with my girlfriend in halls at Swansea Uni

Watch
Wolfie12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Would it be possible for me and her to live together if I don't go to uni. She's got her place in halls and really wants me to move with her, could we get a bigger room or if I am allowed am I going to have to sleep on the floor for a year?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wolfie12)
Would it be possible for me and her to live together if I don't go to uni. She's got her place in halls and really wants me to move with her, could we get a bigger room or if I am allowed am I going to have to sleep on the floor for a year?
NO.
You arent allowed end of. You can probably be an overnight guest for a few days, but you have to register.
Wolfie12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What would happen if I didn't?
Frankston
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Uni accommodation is for, you guessed it, uni students only. You also aren't allowed to live there because the contract is for one person only. I don't think you'd manage to do it without staff finding out about it which might end up with your girlfriend getting evicted halfway through the year, which would be very stressful and would likely have repercussions on her actual university work as well.

Also the rooms are tiny, even the large ones, and you'd be tripping over each other constantly and it'd just be way too cramped. You'd probably hate each other by the end of it!

Beck House is the only Swansea University accommodation that allows couples, but that's for postgrads and international students.
tyw7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well you could apply for a shared flat at the Bay Campus.
Wolfie12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Would they still have them at this time during the year though?
tyw7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well the application opened for the new year. But ask St. Modwen to make sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
27.91%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.82%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
30.06%

Watched Threads