The Student Room Group

Does the 2017 BMAT syllabus include Fleming's Right Hand Rule?

In the spec under power generation it just says:
a. know that electromagnetic induction occurs when a wire moves relative to a magnet or when a magnetic field changes b. be familiar with a generator being a coil rotating in a magnetic field.
So I'm not sure if I need to learn it or not.
Original post by DrMemegood
In the spec under power generation it just says:
a. know that electromagnetic induction occurs when a wire moves relative to a magnet or when a magnetic field changes b. be familiar with a generator being a coil rotating in a magnetic field.
So I'm not sure if I need to learn it or not.

I personally can't remember any question where we needed to use Fleming's left hand or right hand rule. May as well learn it though just in case tbh - it's difficult to say if it will or will not come up. It's not too difficult.

Alternatively, look at the CGP revision guide they have on the BMAT website to see if it's included in there. It's up to you if you want to learn it.
Original post by usycool1
I personally can't remember any question where we needed to use Fleming's left hand or right hand rule. May as well learn it though just in case tbh - it's difficult to say if it will or will not come up. It's not too difficult.

Alternatively, look at the CGP revision guide they have on the BMAT website to see if it's included in there. It's up to you if you want to learn it.

Has anything to do with AC generators (and the rule thing) ever come up then? It was the bane of my existence in year 11 physics and I really don't want to learn it :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending