Will I get accepted into uni with 2 a levels, a btec and epq?

Watch
micahsg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,

So basically in year 12 I started off with 3 subjects: biology, chemistry and psychology. I am now in year 13. I failed my end of year exam for chemistry so I had to drop it. Right now I am still taking biology and psychology but with btec health and social care and epq.

Willl this still enable me to get into a good uni or a Russel group uni? And what kind of course can these subjects allow me to do?

Thank you 🙂
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by micahsg)
Hi guys,

So basically in year 12 I started off with 3 subjects: biology, chemistry and psychology. I am now in year 13. I failed my end of year exam for chemistry so I had to drop it. Right now I am still taking biology and psychology but with btec health and social care and epq.

Willl this still enable me to get into a good uni or a Russel group uni? And what kind of course can these subjects allow me to do?

Thank you 🙂
What btec qualification will you get out of it? Russell group isn't the be all and end all but in some subjects btecs can be accepted alongside a levels
micahsg
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
What btec qualification will you get out of it? Russell group isn't the be all and end all but in some subjects btecs can be accepted alongside a levels
What do you mean?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What do you mean?
What kind of btec is it you ll get? Is it equivalent to a full a level?
micahsg
Rep:
?
What kind of btec is it you ll get? Is it equivalent to a full a level?
Well my teacher said that because I'm taking one year of hsc and epq, it'll be equivalent to an alevel
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well my teacher said that because I'm taking one year of hsc and epq, it'll be equivalent to an alevel
That's not technically the case as some universities don't have epqs as part of an offer.
micahsg
Rep:
?
That's not technically the case as some universities don't have epqs as part of an offer.
What should I do? Because I would like to get into a uni
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What should I do? Because I would like to get into a uni
There's foundation years out there that might accept your qualifications, depends on what you decide to study
micahsg
Rep:
?
There's foundation years out there that might accept your qualifications, depends on what you decide to study
Because I dropped chemistry, don't know what course I'd like to do now. Do you happen to know what kind of courses I'll be able to apply to with the subjects I currently have?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Because I dropped chemistry, don't know what course I'd like to do now. Do you happen to know what kind of courses I'll be able to apply to with the subjects I currently have?
You could do courses related to psychology or there's degrees that won't ask for specific subjects at some universities like business, what are you interested in?
micahsg
Rep:
?
You could do courses related to psychology or there's degrees that won't ask for specific subjects at some universities like business, what are you interested in?
I am interested in biomedical sciences and biopsych
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am interested in biomedical sciences and biopsych
So assuming it's a btec level 3 certificate, you would most likely need to do a foundation year for biomedical sciences as you wouldnt have enough points to go into first year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (157)
60.62%
I don't have everything I need (102)
39.38%

Watched Threads