Ideas for Creative Corner! Watch

AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, creative minds of TSR! :hello:

I've been Section Leader for Entertainment for a good few months now, and I'd like to see some life brought back to this area of the site, some variation from all the external blog and Youtube channel links (no offence to anyone posting those, but could you perhaps keep them here or here)? :p:

However, creativity has never been my strong point. :ahee: Therefore, I feel it makes more sense to ask the Creative Corner regulars, or other TSR talents who're interested: What would you like to see from Creative Corner? Any thread ideas or competition ideas would be greatly appreciated, whether you make them yourselves or leave them here for me to handle. General feedback on the forum would also be welcomed.

Thanks for reading, and the next time you're struck by artistic inspiration, remember TSR's Creative Corner! :blow:
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know there was a short story competition hosted by Gingerbread101. i thought that was really lit. it'd be neat to have more writing based competitions (as a writer myself)

so say, poetry & short writing competitions.

also, those one word story threads are really neat? maybe bring one of those back.

for maths...maybe coming up with a problem and getting ppl to find the longest or shortest method of getting to the answer.

oh and we need art compeititons too!! drawing/painting/photography stuff would be so awesome.
fatiana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know if this counts as creative, but me and my best friend came up with a game quite some time ago where you choose a couple of random numbers, and use them to get to 21. You can use any mathematical operation you'd like to get to 21. You have to use all the stated numbers and only use each number once. You can use them to make other numbers, and the numbers that you make can be used as much as you want. The winner is the person who gets to 21 first.
Eg,
10, 2, 7, 3
2x10=20
7-3=4
4/2=2
4-2=2
2/2=1
20+1=21

If you need more information feel free to ask 😇🤷🏻*♀️
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Hello, creative minds of TSR! :hello:

I've been Section Leader for Entertainment for a good few months now, and I'd like to see some life brought back to this area of the site, some variation from all the external blog and Youtube channel links (no offence to anyone posting those, but could you perhaps keep them here or here)? :p:

However, creativity has never been my strong point. :ahee: Therefore, I feel it makes more sense to ask the Creative Corner regulars, or other TSR talents who're interested: What would you like to see from Creative Corner? Any thread ideas or competition ideas would be greatly appreciated, whether you make them yourselves or leave them here for me to handle. General feedback on the forum would also be welcomed.

Thanks for reading, and the next time you're struck by artistic inspiration, remember TSR's Creative Corner! :blow:
Great thread AJ! :yep: I agree! There's far too many "follow for a follow" and "New YouTuber" threads.

I know I'm not a Creative Corner regular But perhaps art/photography/film making competitions? Stuff like that?

I think CrazyKittenLady would be interested in the art stuff!
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Great thread AJ! :yep: I agree! There's far too many "follow for a follow" and "New YouTuber" threads.

I know I'm not a Creative Corner regular But perhaps art/photography/film making competitions? Stuff like that?

i am so interested! sounds like such a amazing idea. Wouls be great to get more engagememt in thia forum!!!

We can do more drawing compitions for people to win a personalised avatar. And a draw a day compitition xxx
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZiggyStardust_)
I know there was a short story competition hosted by Gingerbread101. i thought that was really lit. it'd be neat to have more writing based competitions (as a writer myself)

so say, poetry & short writing competitions.

also, those one word story threads are really neat? maybe bring one of those back.

for maths...maybe coming up with a problem and getting ppl to find the longest or shortest method of getting to the answer.

oh and we need art compeititons too!! drawing/painting/photography stuff would be so awesome.
If it's just a case of setting up a thread and saying 'okay people, WRITE! / DRAW! / TAKE PHOTOS!', I could just about manage that. :laugh: I'll see what prizes I can squeeze out of the CT as well.

(Original post by animeamanda1412)
I don't know if this counts as creative, but me and my best friend came up with a game quite some time ago where you choose a couple of random numbers, and use them to get to 21. You can use any mathematical operation you'd like to get to 21. You have to use all the stated numbers and only use each number once. You can use them to make other numbers, and the numbers that you make can be used as much as you want. The winner is the person who gets to 21 first.
Eg,
10, 2, 7, 3
2x10=20
7-3=4
4/2=2
4-2=2
2/2=1
20+1=21

If you need more information feel free to ask 😇🤷🏻*♀️
Interesting that the first two replies both mentioned maths or number-based ideas, and we have an interesting 'mathematics and origami' thread in Creative Corner already. Wouldn't have been the first thing that sprang to my mind, though I guess it's what you do with the numbers that determines whether they're creative or not! Your idea is great, but possibly more suited to Forum games, I'd think.

(Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
i am so interested! sounds like such a amazing idea. Wouls be great to get more engagememt in thia forum!!!

We can do more drawing compitions for people to win a personalised avatar. And a draw a day compitition xxx
Fantastic! Thanks for taking interest. The avatar competition went down brilliantly before. :yep: How would 'draw a day' work?

(Original post by RoyalSheepy)

Nice tagging, very nice.
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nice tagging, very nice.
we could make a sub forum called somethjng like "draw a little every day comp" where we can all make our own threads we we can upload a drawing each day and then after a month we can vote for the top threads and they can win some arty prizes xxx
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
we could make a sub forum called somethjng like "draw a little every day comp" where we can all make our own threads we we can upload a drawing each day and then after a month we can vote for the top threads and they can win some arty prizes xxx
This sounds fantastic. :zomg: I'll raise that with BlinkyBill when she's back.
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This sounds fantastic. :zomg: I'll raise that with BlinkyBill when she's back.
yah she will be back in a few weeks if not I can bother Captain Jack about it tomorrow morning
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
yah she will be back in a few weeks if not I can bother Captain Jack about it tomorrow morning
No harm in trying to get it set up earlier. I'll leave that in your hands, but PM me or whatever if you need to discuss anything! :five:
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nice tagging, very nice.
I knew I could rely on CrazyKittenLady for this kind of stuff! Lovely work guys! :hugs:

PM me if you need any help with anything as well!
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ooh I was actually recently thinking of setting up an Inktober style thing with a new short brief thing each day, could potentially make that into some kind of competition
Yason
Badges: 3
Report 2 years ago
Why don't we start with a nice Halloween art challenge?
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yason)
Yeah that sounds really cool previously we have done a pumpkin drawing comp been really fun!
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Ooh I was actually recently thinking of setting up an Inktober style thing with a new short brief thing each day, could potentially make that into some kind of competition
That sounds really good I like the idea of a brief a day :P

The hardest thing I find with drawing is figuring out what to draw so something like this sounds perfect!
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yason)
I'll check whether anyone already has any plans to do this first, since as CrazyKittenLady says we've had competitions like this in the past. If nobody else is running it though then I'll get the ball rolling, since it would be a real wasted opportunity otherwise!

My entry in last year's spooky halloween house colouring competition. :mmm:

Name:  11h6uyo_zpsrsefpnnr.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  220.8 KB
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'll check whether anyone already has any plans to do this first, since as CrazyKittenLady says we've had competitions like this in the past. If nobody else is running it though then I'll get the ball rolling, since it would be a real wasted opportunity otherwise!

My entry in last year's spooky halloween house colouring competition. :mmm:

Name:  11h6uyo_zpsrsefpnnr.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  220.8 KB

Haha love it was great fun last year. We should definitely do this again. We could start it on the first of oct
Yason
Badges: 3
Report 2 years ago
@AngryJellyfish
@CrazyKittenLady
I would say lets GO for the Halloween Art challenge!. But we probably should first get the Halloween challenge more focussed. What specific part should it be about? Bats, Corn? Skeletons? Trick or Treat? Witches?
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ZiggyStardust_)
Glad to have run a lit competition :cool:
Danelius
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
These colouring competitions are fun. Could possibly do them for different events in the calendar year. Here's a few suggestions:

January - New Year
February - Valentine's Day
March - St. Patrick's Day
April - Grand National
May - Star Wars Day
June - Summer Solstice
July - Wimbledon
August - Lefthanders Day
September - International Talk Like a Pirate Day
October - Halloween
November - Guy Fawkes Night
December - Christmas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (315)
65.63%
No (165)
34.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed