Sam Olsen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi Guys,
So I'm an international student applying to the UK for law again. Last year I was rejected by all my options except for Durham. I really want to go into King's College that's basically the sole reason I'm reapplying this year. I have 2A*s, 5As,1B in my GCSEs. I also have a world distinction in GCSE Comp Sci. Also I have 1A* 2As and a B (math) in my Alevels. Im giving math again because I need to improve chances. Last time I think the Lnat was the main reason i was rejected ( 18/42) because i didnt prepare for it at all. So this time around I want to have time for prep for it properly and get a good score. My math exam will end on 30th Oct and I'll start afterwards. So i want to ask till when should I sublmit my Ucas and give the Lnat? Is it okay for me to give the Lnat a bit late like Dec? Please any information would he helpful.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sam Olsen)
Hi Guys,
So I'm an international student applying to the UK for law again. Last year I was rejected by all my options except for Durham. I really want to go into King's College that's basically the sole reason I'm reapplying this year. I have 2A*s, 5As,1B in my GCSEs. I also have a world distinction in GCSE Comp Sci. Also I have 1A* 2As and a B (math) in my Alevels. Im giving math again because I need to improve chances. Last time I think the Lnat was the main reason i was rejected ( 18/42) because i didnt prepare for it at all. So this time around I want to have time for prep for it properly and get a good score. My math exam will end on 30th Oct and I'll start afterwards. So i want to ask till when should I sublmit my Ucas and give the Lnat? Is it okay for me to give the Lnat a bit late like Dec? Please any information would he helpful.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...ate-when-apply

15 Jan is deadline for most courses outside Oxbridge. Id wait for the result and score. Maybe you can also improve the rest of your application as well?
Sam Olsen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yes 15 Jan maybe the deadline but I'm told to submit it and take the test by 15 Nov so that they I have better chances because I'm already at a disadvantage as I'm reapplying while also resiting maths. And by improving other parts of my application you mean to refer to the Personal statement right
Arbitio LNAT
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sam Olsen)
Yes 15 Jan maybe the deadline but I'm told to submit it and take the test by 15 Nov so that they I have better chances because I'm already at a disadvantage as I'm reapplying while also resiting maths. And by improving other parts of my application you mean to refer to the Personal statement right
It is beneficial to submit an application sooner from your point of view. However, there is no major rush. You should focus on ensuring you do well on the LNAT as a strong performance there can put you in good stead.

It is only anecdotal that tutors look at applications in batches, rather than after a deadline. However, with any applications system it will have some subjectivity to it. The standards differ year by year, but tutors are quite experienced in recognising quality of applications. Some candidates get an offer or rejection straight away, others will have their application more on a 'let's wait and reassess' basis. Consider it from their perspective: each student applies to a few unis and takes up one offer. Universities use a formula for number of offers given out, and the more competitive places are more likely to assess applications after the deadline. In summary, policies differ by university but all strive to make the process as objective as possible. It is then only your assessment of the situation, your circumstances that count.

In previous admissions cycles, KCL had an average LNAT score of 27 for successful applicants. The essay is not computed into any specific score, however comes helpful for borderline candidates.

There is little point in putting off LNAT. A month of regular preparation is sensible. And booking LNAT upfront should motivate you to prepare.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (53)
28.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.2%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
55.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads