The Student Room Group

Is Cambridge Tec considered an A level/equivalent to an A level?

Hi, I am currently in my first year of sixth form. I am doing Business Studies, Economics and IT (Cambridge Tec). I know Business Studies and Economics are A levels but i'm not sure if IT would count as an A level as it says its cambridge tec and i'm not sure what that is.
Original post by i need help pls
Hi, I am currently in my first year of sixth form. I am doing Business Studies, Economics and IT (Cambridge Tec). I know Business Studies and Economics are A levels but i'm not sure if IT would count as an A level as it says its cambridge tec and i'm not sure what that is.

Cambridge technicals aren't a levels but they are a level 3 qualification that attract ucas points.
Original post by claireestelle
Cambridge technicals aren't a levels but they are a level 3 qualification that attract ucas points.

I'm just concerned if universities would accept 2 A levels and 1 Cambridge Tec instead of 3 A levels; the ones I've looked at only say stuff about BTEC and A Levels, no mentions of Cambridge Tec anywhere.
Yes, most Unis will accept Cambridge Tecs combined with A levels - but it does depend on the type of Uni and the course you want to do.

Just email each Uni and ask.
Original post by i need help pls
I'm just concerned if universities would accept 2 A levels and 1 Cambridge Tec instead of 3 A levels; the ones I've looked at only say stuff about BTEC and A Levels, no mentions of Cambridge Tec anywhere.

Contact universities to ask to be sure, but they definetly attract similar ucas points to btecs so if somewhere accepts btecs i'd imagine they'd accept your Cambridge technical certificate.
Okay will do, thanks guys! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest