Do you need to sit the UKCAT to do Medicine at Imperial College?

Watch this thread
TheStudentOfTSR
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've been looking through the entry requirements for Imperial College in 2018 for medicine and I saw that the UKCAT isn't mentioned anywhere. Also, on several websites that list the "UKCAT universities", Imperial is omitted from the list every time. So, do you need to sit the UKCAT to get into Imperial medicine as long as you sit the BMAT in November? Also by that logic, if you do sit the UKCAT and you get a low score, would the UKCAT just not be taken into consideration? I've seen that in the past (about 7-8 years ago) students that have taken the UKCAT and applied to medicine at Imperial had the UKCAT "looked at" but it didn't play a major role in securing them a spot. Finally, could the university provide a conditional offer for a non-UKCAT student, such as A*AA with high BMAT score and offer them to do the UKCAT in very early July the next year?
Ginga
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheStudentOfTSR)
I've been looking through the entry requirements for Imperial College in 2018 for medicine and I saw that the UKCAT isn't mentioned anywhere. Also, on several websites that list the "UKCAT universities", Imperial is omitted from the list every time. So, do you need to sit the UKCAT to get into Imperial medicine as long as you sit the BMAT in November? Also by that logic, if you do sit the UKCAT and you get a low score, would the UKCAT just not be taken into consideration? I've seen that in the past (about 7-8 years ago) students that have taken the UKCAT and applied to medicine at Imperial had the UKCAT "looked at" but it didn't play a major role in securing them a spot. Finally, could the university provide a conditional offer for a non-UKCAT student, such as A*AA with high BMAT score and offer them to do the UKCAT in very early July the next year?
No. Imperial is BMAT only they dont care about UKCAT at all
Z244
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
As far as I know, Imperial only requires the BMAT not the UKCAT. Conversely, most universities don't require the BMAT and only require the UKCAT.
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheStudentOfTSR)
they do not look at ukcat

end of
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/c...y-requirements

BMAT, and only BMAT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (59)
26.94%
As I expected (70)
31.96%
Harder (82)
37.44%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.65%

Watched Threads