The Student Room Group

Urgent: Student Finance for Nursing - no loan!?

Hello,

Just recieved a letter today in the post from Student finance which details my payments for this september. I will be starting my first year of a 3 year Bsc Adult Nursing course, and I applied for both a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan.

2 months ago Student Finance confirmed that my university will recieve £9250 tuition fees and I will also recieve a student loan. Today it says that my university will recieve £0 and I will only get a maintenance loan. How is this possible?? Why have they changed it? Nursing should be eligible for second finance right?

I have previously recieved 3 years (2 +1) of student finance when I was studying Accounting but the only qualification I received was from the first year (Cert of HE). I briefly spoke to someone from student finance when I just called now and he said that I cannot get a tuition loan as Im not studying an exemption course because the course I will be studying is a 3 year full time nursing course???

Please help, im so confused and feel so sad. I enroll for university on Monday but how can I enroll if I don't even have money to pay as they just notified me of this change today?
Original post by pikapika_
Hello,

Just recieved a letter today in the post from Student finance which details my payments for this september. I will be starting my first year of a 3 year Bsc Adult Nursing course, and I applied for both a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan.

2 months ago Student Finance confirmed that my university will recieve £9250 tuition fees and I will also recieve a student loan. Today it says that my university will recieve £0 and I will only get a maintenance loan. How is this possible?? Why have they changed it? Nursing should be eligible for second finance right?

I have previously recieved 3 years (2 +1) of student finance when I was studying Accounting but the only qualification I received was from the first year (Cert of HE). I briefly spoke to someone from student finance when I just called now and he said that I cannot get a tuition loan as Im not studying an exemption course because the course I will be studying is a 3 year full time nursing course???

Please help, im so confused and feel so sad. I enroll for university on Monday but how can I enroll if I don't even have money to pay as they just notified me of this change today?

Call them and speak to someone senior as it seems they've definitely made a mistake, don't panic your university won't expect to be paid fees until you've been there a month or so.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Call them and speak to someone senior as it seems they've definitely made a mistake, don't panic your university won't expect to be paid fees until you've been there a month or so.

Thank you for your reply! It has made me feel better, I was really panicking thinking I will not be able to go to university anymore and not allowed to enroll due to this. The SLC guy on the phone said that I definitely won't get any tuition loan funding, unless I study nursing as a part time course. Will call them again and speak to a senior. Thanks again. I hope they change it.
Original post by pikapika_
Thank you for your reply! It has made me feel better, I was really panicking thinking I will not be able to go to university anymore and not allowed to enroll due to this. The SLC guy on the phone said that I definitely won't get any tuition loan funding, unless I study nursing as a part time course. Will call them again and speak to a senior. Thanks again. I hope they change it.

That guy seemingly had no idea what he was taking about as if you weren't eligible for funding they wouldn't have even given you a maintenance loan. Remember to take the names of people who you speak to when you call and if you get nowhere then ask how to make a complaint.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending