The Student Room Group

If you miss your grades for CompSCi MEng do you get offered BSc automatically?

I feel sure I've read about at least one uni which does this.
So, e.g. if you apply for MEng and get offered A*AA but then miss it and get AAA they automatically offer you a place on the BSc (which has AAA as its requirement).

I thought it was Warwick, but now I can't find any mention of it!
Reply 2
Original post by Macklebee

Thanks! So I didn't imagine it!

Do any other unis do it?
Reply 3
Southampton also do it.
I'm not too sure. I think for the majority of Unis its a case of how well you are doing once you are on the course whether you are allowed onto the master courses or finish a year early on the bachelors. i.e your a-levels don't matter once you're in
Reply 5
Original post by Macklebee
I'm not too sure. I think for the majority of Unis its a case of how well you are doing once you are on the course whether you are allowed onto the master courses or finish a year early on the bachelors. i.e your a-levels don't matter once you're in

Yes, but that was the point of my question really - whether to go for the MEng from the beginning, because there is no risk with Warwick/Southampton if they will put you on the BSc if you marginally miss the MEng grades OR to apply for the BSc then hope to upgrade to the MEng once on the BSc course.

Some people have said go for the four year course if you think you might want to, as it's easier to get a loan up front for four years then cancel the last year, rather than apply for three then need to get an extra year.

Apparently Durham don't offer dual entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending