The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I like both, though I drink coffee everyday and I only drink tea once in a blue moon, not sure why really seeing as I probably like tea more. :confused:

Either way I have them sweet, and with a lot of milk, mmm. :smile:
I dirnk about 2 cups of coffee a day, only a cup of tea once a week or so when i can't be bothered making coffee.

Coffee all the way for me, with milk and one sugar.
Reply 42
I don't drink caffine anymore so neither.
Bad tea (i.e. weak) tastes much worse than bad coffee.
Tea. Coffee is evil stuff.
InterCity125
it is bad manners to drink tea after a meal.

Why?
Reply 46
I love coffee but only if its really really strong. I especially love the coffee they give you on planes coz its so strong and yummy :biggrin: I dislike tea, I dunno why people are so obsessed with it
VixenIW
I dislike tea, I dunno why people are so obsessed with it

Because it's tradition. :biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
Why?

Yes, that confused me as well. If people don't like me drinking tea just because it's the evening they can go piss off and get offended by something else equally stupid. :mad:

Blimey, excuse me, I just get angry when people try to deprive me of my tea and coffee! :frown:
Coffee, but only to keep me awake. Other than that, I would have said neither.
NDGAARONDI
Why?

Well, it's less of an issue than it used to be. However, some ettiqute books still say avoid it. The reasons are that 'working class' people used to drink tea ll the time, and manner were set by the middle and upper classes, who did not wich to associate themselves with the working classes - it was therefore seen as bad manners to drink tea after meals - dinner especialy.
However, I doubt that nyone any of us are likley to meet would care anymore.
I'm really worried that I know this stuff :smile:
Reply 51
Coffee. mmmm Starbucks *drool*
Coffee. Never used to like the stuff until I went to France for 2 weeks, and every morning I got fed a bowl of cereal, and a bowl of coffee, which was very strong, with no sugar. I got used to the taste, so when I got back I made it weaker and put some sugar in it, et voila, I like it.

Latest

Trending

Trending