The Student Room Group

Full marks (A*/9) GCSE ART Student AMA!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Somtochi
Architecture, etc you fuacking uneducated nonse

Can't even spell an insult right and calls me uneducated, the hypocrisy, I take it you do A level Art or play that **** game League of Legends? I see no other reason why someone would reply to me like this
Architecture is a different type of art, I was referring to fine Arts like paintings and stuff, think before talking.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
Can't even spell an insult right and calls me uneducated, the hypocrisy, I take it you do A level Art or play that **** game League of Legends? I see no other reason why someone would reply to me like this
Architecture is a different type of art, I was referring to fine Arts like paintings and stuff, think before talking.

It hurts how retarded you could can be to not realise i spelt it wrong on purpose so it wouldn't be flagged/reported....Actually i'm a GCSE student, who achieved very high grades in my mocks and taking A Level Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and an EPQ in hopes of studying medicine at Cambridge. Please dont be an ignorant, arrogant, offensive, self absorbed and one minded pr** about peoples choice of subjects. You wouldn't have even posted such trash if you were at least smart enough to know a variety of jobs A level Art is useful for. My friend went to Cambridge last year to study Architecture and he took Art, so re-evaluate your choice of words and don't just talk like a fool.
(edited 6 years ago)
It hurts how retarded you could can be to not realise i spelt it wrong on purpose so it wouldn't be flagged/reported....Actually i'm a GCSE student, who achieved very high grades in my mocks and taking A Level Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and an EPQ in hopes of studying medicine at Cambridge. Please dont be an ignorant, arrogant, offensive, self absorbed and one minded pr** about peoples choice of subjects. You wouldn't have even posted such trash if you were at least smart enough to know a variety of jobs A level Art is useful for. My friend went to Cambridge last year to study Architecture and he took Art, so re-evaluate your choice of words and don't just talk like a fool.

Yeah right and I hold a first class degree in Medicine from Oxford, your replies which are hypocritical and unintelligent are more than enough to tell me you don't have those achievements and you reply like you know everything when really you are the one making a fool for yourself. You are the one being offensive as you started the insults on me so don't play the victim card and I already know what kind of jobs you can get with an Art degree, I only posted for the sarcasm, who is the retard now? Yes by Art I did mean fine art and if you look at the OP's post it is fine art so what other art could I have meant? Stop making up stuff just to suit your own argument, no kind of academic qualifications can justify such foolish and arrogant behaviour.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
Yeah right and I hold a first class degree in Medicine from Oxford, your replies which are hypocritical and unintelligent are more than enough to tell me you don't have those achievements and you reply like you know everything when really you are the one making a fool for yourself. You are the one being offensive as you started the insults on me so don't play the victim card and I already know what kind of jobs you can get with an Art degree, I only posted for the sarcasm, who is the retard now? Yes by Art I did mean fine art and if you look at the OP's post it is fine art so what other art could I have meant? Stop making up stuff just to suit your own argument, no kind of academic qualifications can justify such foolish and arrogant behaviour.

AHAHAH 1. You deny my achievements.
2. Claim i'm playing the 'victim card', when i clearly said don't disrespect people taking that A Level. Which i stated i am not. So how am i the victim?
3. You then decide your post was a joke and sarcastic and you suddenly know many jobs that require A Level art?

Get real. just accept you were rude and stop crying that i called you uneducated. You're intimidated, which is why you deny what i achieved, which in reality wasn't a lot and just mock results ahah. Pathetic.
Original post by The RAR

And you stated i played League of Legends and took A level art as an attempt to mock me. I simply told you i don't and what level i am at now and the subjects i plan to take. So then again your argument is trivial...
Original post by The RAR
What about Computer Science? It's a **** subject as well

the arts actually account for 2/3 of business in the UK. without it we would be struggling to find any enterprise such as GPS development as you mention and other designs that improve the safety and efficacy of treatments by doctors. all of these require creativity which is borne from the process nutured in art and design. so art is **** of course but art practice and design have really shaped our world and will continue to make your life better
Original post by HabibSyed
Why don't you stop bragging about your useless art grades and tell us something useful? Perhaps your Maths grades or tips for getting an A* in Physics or Chemistry? Even History? English Language? Economics? Business studies? How about Geography? Art and Drama are the most useless, irationaly oversubscribed courses in the world. Its useless, is it nice for a STEM student to have a peice of art on his wall by some broke artist? Yes, absolutely. Is it nice to have an art student who can get a heart transplant and quick emergency service response because of a doctors expertise on the surgery, a mechanical engineers work on an ambulance, and a software engineers time put into the GPS functions? No, its mandatory. The world can survive without 90% of the current people we have in the Art and Drama industries. The world wouldn't even exist if it werent for more important subjects, STEM or even other "humanities" subjects.

A bit harsh lol but you do make a solid point, art and drama (at GCSE at least) are pretty useless subjects. But I guess at GCSE you can afford to take them as "useless" subjects.

Original post by TheBobComplex
the arts actually account for 2/3 of business in the UK. without it we would be struggling to find any enterprise such as GPS development as you mention and other designs that improve the safety and efficacy of treatments by doctors. all of these require creativity which is borne from the process nutured in art and design. so art is **** of course but art practice and design have really shaped our world and will continue to make your life better

BS, where are the statistaacs?
(edited 6 years ago)
AHAHAH 1. You deny my achievements.
2. Claim i'm playing the 'victim card', when i clearly said don't disrespect people taking that A Level. Which i stated i am not. So how am i the victim?
3. You then decide your post was a joke and sarcastic and you suddenly know many jobs that require A Level art?

Get real. just accept you were rude and stop crying that i called you uneducated. You're intimidated, which is why you deny what i achieved, which in reality wasn't a lot and just mock results ahah. Pathetic.

You are not even worth my time really even tho you are getting so warmed up about this, all your replies are about are just pathetic statements disguised as intelligent statements to try and shame me. You are the one who needs to get real here, accept the fact that you were being rude for no reason and trying to intimidate me by using your "achievements" just so you can use them as a scapegoat. Your replies have little sense in them tbh and using your hopes for Oxbridge(Which I doubt you will get in) to try and intimidate me further means you have no valid points or counter arguments to make and resort to these pathetic actions. Yes that was sarcastic and if you look at the reply of that post that was also sarcastic wasn't it? Stop pretending to be smart and get off your high horse, stop being rude, offensive and thinking you are above others despite your "achievements" when you are not. I personally hate A level Art but nowhere in my posts was I being rude to anyone for them taking A level art, the way you misinterpret my posts further proves you are just making a fool of yourself. You are not intelligent and you aren't making any points here, just pointless acting like a fool. I am not wasting my time on you any further.
(edited 6 years ago)
Why so much hate on art on here? The world would be a boring place without art, it gives an identity to certain civilisations and eras am I right? I'm definitely no artist but at least respect other people's interest; it's not like they're supporting the KKK or something.

Copy and paste where it says "two thirds".
Original post by BTAnonymous
it gives an identity to certain civilisations and eras am I right?

Original post by RedGiant

I tried .-.
Original post by The RAR
You are not even worth my time really even tho you are getting so warmed up about this, all your replies are about are just pathetic statements disguised as intelligent statements to try and shame me. You are the one who needs to get real here, accept the fact that you were being rude for no reason and trying to intimidate me by using your "achievements" just so you can use them as a scapegoat. Your replies have little sense in them tbh and using your hopes for Oxbridge(Which I doubt you will get in) to try and intimidate me further means you have no valid points or counter arguments to make and resort to these pathetic actions. Yes that was sarcastic and if you look at the reply of that post that was also sarcastic wasn't it? Stop pretending to be smart and get off your high horse, stop being rude, offensive and thinking you are above others despite your "achievements" when you are not. I personally hate A level Art but nowhere in my posts was I being rude to anyone for them taking A level art, the way you misinterpret my posts further proves you are just making a fool of yourself. You are not intelligent and you aren't making any points here, just pointless acting like a fool. I am not wasting my time on you any further.

How sad and ignorant are you that you have such strong feelings against A-Level Art, not to mention one of history's and society's most significant and influential fields? Art is incredibly important and as an A-Level provides artistic/creative skills that can be applied to virtually any career, directly or indirectly. By the way, as @Somtochi has already pointed out, a pretty major job that can come out of studying Art is one as an architect, and that's aside from the countless jobs that stem from studying Art.

Original post by BTAnonymous
Why so much hate on art on here? The world would be a boring place without art, it gives an identity to certain civilisations and eras am I right? I'm definitely no artist but at least respect other people's interest; it's not like they're supporting the KKK or something.

Finally someone talking some sense, unlike most of the other idiotic posts on here.
Original post by Amanzhol
How sad and ignorant are you that you have such strong feelings against A-Level Art, not to mention one of history's and society's most significant and influential fields? Art is incredibly important and as an A-Level provides artistic/creative skills that can be applied to virtually any career, directly or indirectly. By the way, as @Somtochi has already pointed out, a pretty major job that can come out of studying Art is one as an architect, and that's aside from the countless jobs that stem from studying Art.

Finally someone talking some sense, unlike most of the other idiotic posts on here.

There is no architect jobs from doing an Art degree
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/fine-art
I have no hate for Art itself but the actual course A level Art is what I hate
And no offense but some of the jobs with an art degree like a fine artist in general you can really make a living out of it unless your art stands out and the world can survive without Art if I am being honest, I still would like to see some Art
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
There is no architect jobs from doing an Art degree
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/fine-art
I have no hate for Art itself but the actual course A level Art is what I hate
And no offense but some of the jobs with an art degree like a fine artist in general you can really make a living out of it unless your art stands out and the world can survive without Art if I am being honest, I still would like to see some Art

Many people go from Art degrees into architecture, although more common is from Art A-Level/Art Foundation which are Art qualifications nonetheless.

Why do you 'hate' A-Level Art? It just seems like such a ridiculous thing to have hatred towards. Besides, without giving students the opportunity to access art at that age, the art world would be severely lacking as a result, so art itself, which you seem to not mind, would not exist.

Even if it's the stereotype that those with Art degrees don't make the best living from it, at least they're doing what they love, and a stereotype is all it is, not fact.

The world may be able to survive without art, but who on earth just wants to live in a world that merely survives rather than one that's full of creativity and life? In fact, the world may not be able to survive without art, considering its huge impact on society, politics, and even the financial world.

Don't be so quick to dismiss art qualifications and art itself.

You do realize I posted that thing about first class medicine as sarcasm right? And I find so sad of you to actually stalk my posts so you can shame me, if you think making fun out of people academic results is funny I feel sorry for anyone who might have come across you. Btw reported
The three E’s are the key to an A* in Art!

Exploration: Use different materials to show that you want to develop skills and try new things for your project.

Explanation: Explain what you used and why you used it in writing. Talk about basic forms! Textures... if it was thick or thin, if it was rough or smooth...

Evaluation: Evaluate if it went well or not, if you’d use it again, if you enjoyed it and if the piece you made would be inspiration for your final piece.

And a quick opinion, people here slamming art clearly have no effin clue.. art is everywhere! From the house you live in, the kettle you use, the clothes you wear... and if we’re talking about all the arts... television, film, theatre, entertainers on holidays, DISNEYWORLD! Architecture, Fashion, Interior Design, Drama... who takes photos at your wedding? Oh a photographer... who also has to take some form of art course to get where they are! Not to mention advertisements and the nice graphics on your phone! Art is everywhere....
Original post by The RAR
You do realize I posted that thing about first class medicine as sarcasm right? And I find so sad of you to actually stalk my posts so you can shame me, btw reported

You have responsibilities for every words you said. It's not you but the readers have the right to decide whether your post is sarcasm or not. Sacarsm is not your scapegoat. Your words would lower down the reputation of Oxford (which you are not even belonging to) and shame the real Oxford medics.

Btw how old are you? I'm feeling that I am talking to a child.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending