The Student Room Group

What’s the most effective way of revising for GCSE History?

I know everybody’s way of revising is different but I’d appreciate any suggestions, thanks.
I got full UMS in my history papers. All i did was make sure i knew key dates and looked at the main large topics. also make sure you know to structure each question bc it makes a difference.
Reply 2
Agree with the person above: dates and structure are key!

For example if your question requires knowledge on "describe""explain""assess" write out notes for each part of the answer! Just keep writing notes and learning names and dates!

Also practise loads of questions to time because history literally made my had go numb because of the sheer amount you have to write in a short time.
Reply 3
For me, the best thing to do was ensure that I knew every event or concept inside and out. I organised all the events into causes, events (as in, what happened within the actual event) and consequences. Break down each event into these three categories with relevant information into a flash card for each. for example, I had a flash card on multiple causes of the 1938 Anschluss, a different one for its events and another for its consequences. Then all I did was test myself with these flash cards. Worked for me and I got full UMS in both my history exams. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending