Megaman250
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I am looking to apply at Bath University for Chemical Engineering and due to home commitments it will make it very difficult to apply elsewhere, but I first need to do a access to higher education Science course (I know i'm a little way off applying).

How likely am I to be accepted for Chemical Engineering if I only have the HE Diploma in Science?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Megaman250)
Hi,

I am looking to apply at Bath University for Chemical Engineering and due to home commitments it will make it very difficult to apply elsewhere, but I first need to do a access to higher education Science course (I know i'm a little way off applying).

How likely am I to be accepted for Chemical Engineering if I only have the HE Diploma in Science?
What does Bath's entry requirements say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Megaman250
Rep:
?
Thanks for your reply, I was thinking other people may have better qualifications, I don't really know how it works.

Here is what it says on the website;
Access to HE Diploma Typical offer: Pass the Access to HE Diploma (in Science or Engineering), with at least 39 credits achieved at Distinction. This must include at least 12 credits from Mathematics units achieved at Distinction and at least 12 credits from Chemistry units achieved at Distinction. Our Chemical Engineering courses are academically challenging and require solid foundations of knowledge in Mathematics and Chemistry. We are able to consider Access to HE Diplomas in Science or Engineering, and we are looking for you to be studying a suitable level of Mathematics and Chemistry to be able to succeed on our course. You will need to have studied Mathematics units worth at least 12 credits and Chemistry units worth at least 12 credits. However, due to the time-limited nature of Access programme delivery, it is expected that you will have also completed a significant level of independent study in order to further develop and refine these skills.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Megaman250)
Thanks for your reply, I was thinking other people may have better qualifications, I don't really know how it works...
That's how it works... If you meet or are likely to meet the stated requirements then you are likely to get an offer

That course has a 78% offer rate, which is pretty high.
https://university.which.co.uk/unive...ears-9000-h803

Posted from TSR Mobile
Megaman250
Rep:
?
Thanks Doonesbury, this has been a massive help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads