The Student Room Group

Accidently accepted an old £5 at work

I work in a retail store and yesterday I accidently accepted an old £5 note and got told off after my shift. I know this might sound drastic but I think I'm going to get fired even though it was only £5
You got told off because the five pounds is old? Or because you accepted money from someone?

I doubt you'd get fired over that
Honestly you will be fine all they have to do is exchange them at a bank or a post office. Don't sweat about it :lol:
Don't worry. It can be exchanged at Bank of England
They told you off because it's not legal tender now.
I doubt you'll be fired, just be more careful in future
You won't be fired but you may have to replace the money yourself
Original post by bones-mccoy
You won't be fired but you may have to replace the money yourself

I suppose you could be asked (during work time) to take it to the bank and exchange it- or as a show of goodwill the employee could do it off their own back

The employer can't make any deductions from pay tho (well, not for this)
Reply 6
You won't be fired. It's a simple mistake to make. Just be careful in the future
Reply 7
Original post by AverageStudent47
I work in a retail store and yesterday I accidently accepted an old £5 note and got told off after my shift. I know this might sound drastic but I think I'm going to get fired even though it was only £5

No they can't fire you for $hit! That's taking the piss fam.

You can literally exchange that old £5 note at the bank on a casual ting. It's minor still

Ain't no man gonna fire you over that because if they did - they are deluded. Money is money at the end of the day, just some paper and plastic
I am always giving old £1 coins to shops, no one has said anything yet
Reply 9
Original post by hannah00

They're still legal tender.
Original post by l1fer
No they can't fire you for $hit! That's taking the piss fam.

You can literally exchange that old £5 note at the bank on a casual ting. It's minor still

Ain't no man gonna fire you over that because if they did - they are deluded. Money is money at the end of the day, just some paper and plastic

Translation:

It's highly unlikely that they will fire you; and it would be extremely unfair if they did.

Whenever you're free you can take it to the bank and exchange it for a new one without any issues.

I don't think anyone would be silly enough to fire you over such a small mistake, espeially when it is so easily rectified.

That's because they're accepted until October....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Live life on the edge
Reply 13
Bank Of England coming after you now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pulse.
Bank Of England coming after you now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust, the government consider him a liability that needs taking care of permanently...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending