The Student Room Group

I am flat-chested and I don't really like it :/

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

I'm Natalie, going to be 21 in about a week and I'm here to tell you that chest size doesn't matter. It is something that you yourself will notice, but to other people the most important thing is confidence. Nothing is more important than confidence in yourself, and if you believe it then others will too. it's easy to feel like the odd one out, especially when there's a random jerk who only cares about physical features of people... TRUST ME, they are no man at all and you should brush their minute opinions off your shoulders.

Partially because that means they either have a tiny thing themselves, or just have nothing going for them so they judge everything they possibly can.

You have way more to love about yourself than just your chest. Plus, you can totally not wear a bra all the time making life a little nicer not having to worry about it in the morning haha. I know sometimes there will still be days where you feel insecure about them, but those are days that everyone has about something to do with their body. I've learned to wear bras that make me feel confident and cute, and thats really helped me and I think it will help you.

Plus, remember you're 16... you still have time for them to grow. And if they don't, DON'T constantly look at them like a problem because the only person that truly notices is you. ANY guy, girl, human being, but especially guy (because I know how it feels myself) that puts you down about your chest size... don't give them any second thought except for that they must be insecure about something themselves. Chest size doesn't matter. I promise. It's all about how you see yourself and the confidence you possess in yourself. <3You'll be alright, just know it's not something to worry about at all.

I also just want to add that you'll find it funny growing up... some guys are like "why can't girls just not care" yet are also the ones to be picky and say "I like curly hair, blue eyes, and the biggest smile" what have you; then there's the guys that say 'why can't People just not care as much" or even "why can't Guys just not care" about girls appearances, and those are the people you want to be around. It's about trial and error-- it's just a matter of meeting new people and realizing old ones with negative connotations were soooo wrong and not needed in your life. Majority of the world isn't ****... there's just few who really make it seem like they might be. :smile:

Also please don't just let your boyfriend or whoever touch your chest simply because they're your boyfriend or whoever... like I noticed another comment suggested. Psh. No, you do what YOU feel is right in your heart, don't ever let anything besides that little feeling in your gut and soul dictate who you see or what you do.

Okay, promise I'm done. And if you're having a rough day I'm here always
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Wary_Mouse
Hello!

This is a pretty stupid topic to be stressing about, I know. But I am really unhappy with my chest size! There have been nights where I would cry in bed and in the shower because everybody has cleavage and big boobs and I don't. It's really quite embarrassing actually! I'm barely an A cup, but I can fit into some AA size bras also.

It's quite difficult not to stress about this, when most guys are visual creatures. My boyfriend recently dumped me and I think that it might have been because I wouldn't let him touch my chest when he kept trying to, but how could I when I am uncomfortable with it?

I would do anything to get bigger boobs! I am 16 years old, and I am so tempted to get a boob job when I turn 18! My mother says that boob jobs can cause cancer, which is really the only thing that might stop me from getting one.

Anyway, I am really depressed about this and just find it so unfair! My mates often make jokes about how the guy I dated had "bigger" boobs than me. They say it in front of everyone and it is really quite embarrassing. It means that my chest size is obviously noticeably too small, as it is always on their minds for them to think about.

Accept your body or get a boob job.... simple
Reply 62
I had size 30A/32AA when I was your age and now at age 20 I am a size 30C/32B.
They are still small but I feel much less self conscious about it.

Give it some time, see if they grow. Even if they don't, things such as going on to birth control and gaining some weight can help a lot.
Up to the age of 18 I was the same. Only a AA. moving on down the years I’m a EE. be careful what you wish for!! You’re still very young and still growing Your hormones haven’t settled yet. There’s still plenty of time to develop
In the meantime, focus on all the wonderful positive things about yourself. You’re perfect as you are
Reply 64
Original post by Natalie343
Hi!

I'm Natalie, going to be 21 in about a week and I'm here to tell you that chest size doesn't matter. It is something that you yourself will notice, but to other people the most important thing is confidence. Nothing is more important than confidence in yourself, and if you believe it then others will too. it's easy to feel like the odd one out, especially when there's a random jerk who only cares about physical features of people... TRUST ME, they are no man at all and you should brush their minute opinions off your shoulders.

Partially because that means they either have a tiny thing themselves, or just have nothing going for them so they judge everything they possibly can.

You have way more to love about yourself than just your chest. Plus, you can totally not wear a bra all the time making life a little nicer not having to worry about it in the morning haha. I know sometimes there will still be days where you feel insecure about them, but those are days that everyone has about something to do with their body. I've learned to wear bras that make me feel confident and cute, and thats really helped me and I think it will help you.

Plus, remember you're 16... you still have time for them to grow. And if they don't, DON'T constantly look at them like a problem because the only person that truly notices is you. ANY guy, girl, human being, but especially guy (because I know how it feels myself) that puts you down about your chest size... don't give them any second thought except for that they must be insecure about something themselves. Chest size doesn't matter. I promise. It's all about how you see yourself and the confidence you possess in yourself. <3You'll be alright, just know it's not something to worry about at all.

I also just want to add that you'll find it funny growing up... some guys are like "why can't girls just not care" yet are also the ones to be picky and say "I like curly hair, blue eyes, and the biggest smile" what have you; then there's the guys that say 'why can't People just not care as much" or even "why can't Guys just not care" about girls appearances, and those are the people you want to be around. It's about trial and error-- it's just a matter of meeting new people and realizing old ones with negative connotations were soooo wrong and not needed in your life. Majority of the world isn't ****... there's just few who really make it seem like they might be. :smile:

Also please don't just let your boyfriend or whoever touch your chest simply because they're your boyfriend or whoever... like I noticed another comment suggested. Psh. No, you do what YOU feel is right in your heart, don't ever let anything besides that little feeling in your gut and soul dictate who you see or what you do.

Okay, promise I'm done. And if you're having a rough day I'm here always

Thank you, I really appreciate the depth and thought that you have put into your reply! :3

I have actually been trying to work on my confidence, but then something always stops me along the way. There's this guy at my school who has been making rude comments about me having small/no boobs and being as thin as a "twig", and it is these comments which would really make me feel down.

I know that this guy's opinion shouldn't matter though. He is always nit-picking about everybody's weight, whether he thinks they are too thin or too overweight, and I know people like that aren't worth it but it's hard to not worry about it. If my chest size is on this guy's mind, then surely it's on other people's minds. He also made fun of my ex for being an overweight guy and he stated to me that "even your ex has bigger boobs than you" which really lowered my self-esteem.
Late bloomes such as yourself usally gorw bigger boobs in the end
Reply 66
Original post by New- Emperor
Late bloomes such as yourself usally gorw bigger boobs in the end

Hopefully
Remember you are only 16. Buy some nice bras/push-up that will make you feel more confident. Work on your overall confidence and try to ignore the comments of that guy (he probably has more issues than Vogue).
Boobs are not the only thing that make you look good. Your ex probably struggled most with your insecurities/lack of confidence and not with your actual size.

If in a few years you still feel unhappy about it, you can consider surgery.
My friends honestly think my ex was only using me to try and get in my pants, though.

1, Pretty normal for teens....
2. If he wanted to "get in your pants" and to touch your chest, doesn't it mean you ARE attractive?

You are still growing and changing. I was really flat chested in my teens, got a AA bra at 14 and until 17 I was something between AA and A. Now I am something between A and B. Not a huge difference.,,,
Teens are making fun of everyone for everything. You have to work on your self esteem. It is not your boobs' size, the problem is how you see yourself, and maybe even how you treat yourself.

If you want you can talk to me in privet. I've been through stuff like that when I was your age (I'm almost 28 now).
Reply 69
Original post by Kathy89
1, Pretty normal for teens....
2. If he wanted to "get in your pants" and to touch your chest, doesn't it mean you ARE attractive?

You are still growing and changing. I was really flat chested in my teens, got a AA bra at 14 and until 17 I was something between AA and A. Now I am something between A and B. Not a huge difference.,,,
Teens are making fun of everyone for everything. You have to work on your self esteem. It is not your boobs' size, the problem is how you see yourself, and maybe even how you treat yourself.

If you want you can talk to me in privet. I've been through stuff like that when I was your age (I'm almost 28 now).

Thank you. I appreciate the offer. :3

I hope that you weren't too upset when you were my age, because it really sucks!
Thank you. I appreciate the offer. :3

I hope that you weren't too upset when you were my age, because it really sucks!
Looking back, I miss that age sometimes. Although I was bullied and made fun of a lot I miss the other things in high school. I hated high school, but still miss it.
Reply 71
Original post by Kathy89
Looking back, I miss that age sometimes. Although I was bullied and made fun of a lot I miss the other things in high school. I hated high school, but still miss it.

I'm really sorry to hear. Bullying sucks! :'(
Reply 72
Also, I'm sorry that I haven't responded to every individual reply to this thread. I'd like to thank everybody for their encouraging replies, I have read every one and it really means a lot to me. :3
I'm really sorry to hear. Bullying sucks! :'(

Thanks... it's in the past, actually it even made me stronger.
Reply 74
Sure, there are some guys who aren't interested in flat-chested girls or girls with small breasts -- but the reality is that guys for whom it's a deal-breaker are few and far between. There are actually more guys who prefer girls who have little or no breasts than there are guys for whom absence of breasts is a deal-breaker.Remember that though you may have very little breast tissue, you've got nipples and nipples are the interesting bit anyway. Use your nipples in the same sort of way as other girls use their breasts and you'll find guys are fascinated.
You should take advantage of what you have (or haven't). You can probably go braless more comfortably than other girls and you probably have a really nice back as well. I bet you do. Tell me if you do. There was this makeover show my mum used to watch called Trinny and Susannah and Trinny was the flat- chested one. She still found ways to make herself look good and feeL FAB! and has many tips so look her up if you think it might be helpful.
Anyway, about your boyfriend, insecurity can be off-putting, no matter what One Direction would have you believe. Small boobs are not such a problem. If you feel comfortable, don't be afraid to let partners touch your boobs because boobs are boobs and they probably won't mind unless they're terrible people.
I would advise against a boob job unless you're rich. But at any rate, would you be doing it for the right reasons? Are there any? I don't believe you should pay to have yourself cut open and random shizzle inserted just to conform to other people's ideals. Become your own ideal and know that any lad would be lucky to have you.
Best wishes old love
Reply 76
Original post by Appin
Sure, there are some guys who aren't interested in flat-chested girls or girls with small breasts -- but the reality is that guys for whom it's a deal-breaker are few and far between. There are actually more guys who prefer girls who have little or no breasts than there are guys for whom absence of breasts is a deal-breaker.Remember that though you may have very little breast tissue, you've got nipples and nipples are the interesting bit anyway. Use your nipples in the same sort of way as other girls use their breasts and you'll find guys are fascinated.

Haha, reading the part about the nipples made me laugh a bit! Yeah, you're right. I've found out that not every guy out there likes big breasts, whilst unfortunately it is the case for most.
Reply 77
Original post by crimniam
You should take advantage of what you have (or haven't). You can probably go braless more comfortably than other girls and you probably have a really nice back as well. I bet you do. Tell me if you do. There was this makeover show my mum used to watch called Trinny and Susannah and Trinny was the flat- chested one. She still found ways to make herself look good and feeL FAB! and has many tips so look her up if you think it might be helpful.
Anyway, about your boyfriend, insecurity can be off-putting, no matter what One Direction would have you believe. Small boobs are not such a problem. If you feel comfortable, don't be afraid to let partners touch your boobs because boobs are boobs and they probably won't mind unless they're terrible people.
I would advise against a boob job unless you're rich. But at any rate, would you be doing it for the right reasons? Are there any? I don't believe you should pay to have yourself cut open and random shizzle inserted just to conform to other people's ideals. Become your own ideal and know that any lad would be lucky to have you.
Best wishes old love

Wow, this is really insightful. Thank you! :smile:

You're right about the 'showing off my best features' part. I can always just wear padded bras and only ever show skin on my back/arms/legs. (And in response to the part about my back - I like to think that it at least looks better than my chest, haha)!

And the idea of surgery does actually scare me a bit... I don't want to be cut open, I never thought of it like that! I honestly probably won't get implants.
Don't get a boob job, I'm a size 32GG.
When I got measured and she told me I was so sad, like I hate having big boobs, the back pain, the clothes like bandeaus, v neck dresses etc, that don't fit/ don't look flattering/ too exposed because of your boobs. Having limited amount of shops to actually buy a bra.

You're 16, they might even grow at some point, I was a 32DD and I believe birth control made my boobs grow so huge and slightly put on weight, or that's due to my laziness. I think it's to do with your hormones tbh. I think you're mum said that to stop you from getting it but if you have a boob job you have to replace it in 10 years, that's something people don't know before getting it, as something to do with your body rejecting it or it's just old, do some research. Don't worry about your ex , maybe because you wouldn't let him touch you he was getting the impression you didn't like him. plus when you get pregnant they will probably grow.

Big boobs just make you appear a bit bigger than you are sometimes
Hello!

This is a pretty stupid topic to be stressing about, I know. But I am really unhappy with my chest size! There have been nights where I would cry in bed and in the shower because everybody has cleavage and big boobs and I don't. It's really quite embarrassing actually! I'm barely an A cup, but I can fit into some AA size bras also.

It's quite difficult not to stress about this, when most guys are visual creatures. My boyfriend recently dumped me and I think that it might have been because I wouldn't let him touch my chest when he kept trying to, but how could I when I am uncomfortable with it?

I would do anything to get bigger boobs! I am 16 years old, and I am so tempted to get a boob job when I turn 18! My mother says that boob jobs can cause cancer, which is really the only thing that might stop me from getting one.

Anyway, I am really depressed about this and just find it so unfair! My mates often make jokes about how the guy I dated had "bigger" boobs than me. They say it in front of everyone and it is really quite embarrassing. It means that my chest size is obviously noticeably too small, as it is always on their minds for them to think about.

If you get fake tits I will come over there and cut em off! For I have acquired a certain set of skills, skills that I have acquired over a very long time. Skills that make me a ****ing nightmare for people like your so called mates. I will look for them, I will find them and I will spray skunk juice all over their fannies, see how they like being made to feel like a bunch of 2@S.

Seriously tho I'm a bloke. I like big ones, I like small ones and I don't prefer one size over the other. However just remember some of the fittest/fastest women on Earth have a chest like an ironing board. Would you consider them to be less desirable? (well maybe the muscly ones!)

Original post by ebickers

And i'm going to share this so you can take advice from it too - each time I look in the mirror, i smile at myself, when i have a shower, i call myself sexy.
Yes its weird but its an act of self - love and we all need to share ourselves and our love and it really does work!!

Know the feeling. I call myself a sexy ******* sometimes. When I look in the mirror this is what I see. When other people look at me, apparently this is what they see.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending