g2201
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've chosen History, Geography and philosophy and ethics for my A-levels but I'm having second thoughts about Philosophy and ethics. I want to change philosophy and ethics to Drama but I've been reading that uni's take it as a soft subject, should i go ahead and change to drama because i have two other good Alevels and enjoy it or do i keep it to philosophy and ethics?
Major-fury
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what course do you intend on applying to?
ecila21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What do you want to study at university/after A levels? If you think you would prefer drama, I'd go with that because if you enjoy it, you're more likely to put the work in and are more likely to do well and get the grades. As long as you have the required subjects for your course and are predicted the right grades, you will be looked at just as competitively as someone who's studying philosophy rather than drama.
eviebrizzle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do politics, geography and philosophy and ethics so v similar!!! RS, because you just write 40 markers of one format, really really improves your essay writing skills, so that will help for history- they also go well together. It's such an interesting subject, we all love it. Though there's lots to learn, there's less pressure on your revision (at least for my exam board) because when all you write is 40 markers, if you forget a quote, or one of the five precepts, the examiner will never know and penalise you- if that makes sense- whilst in geography and history that would show!! You can always do drama outside school too.
g2201
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecila21)
What do you want to study at university/after A levels? If you think you would prefer drama, I'd go with that because if you enjoy it, you're more likely to put the work in and are more likely to do well and get the grades. As long as you have the required subjects for your course and are predicted the right grades, you will be looked at just as competitively as someone who's studying philosophy rather than drama.
I would like to do law or global development and politics.
g2201
Rep:
?
(Original post by Major-fury)
what course do you intend on applying to?
Law or global development and politics.
g2201
Rep:
?
(Original post by eviebrizzle)
I do politics, geography and philosophy and ethics so v similar!!! RS, because you just write 40 markers of one format, really really improves your essay writing skills, so that will help for history- they also go well together. It's such an interesting subject, we all love it. Though there's lots to learn, there's less pressure on your revision (at least for my exam board) because when all you write is 40 markers, if you forget a quote, or one of the five precepts, the examiner will never know and penalise you- if that makes sense- whilst in geography and history that would show!! You can always do drama outside school too.
Yes that is true!
ecila21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by g2201)
I would like to do law or global development and politics.
If you look on university websites, you should be able to find the required/recommended subjects for those degrees. From a quick google search, a Politics, International Studies and Global Sustainable Development degree from Warwick requires AAA, but no specific subjects are required. Law also doesn't have any specific subject requirements, although history (which is one of your options anyway) if often highly recommended. Whilst philosophy is probably more useful for the combinations in terms of background knowledge, I don't see a massive issue with drama if you think you would prefer that as history and geography are probably much more relevant to these subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.76%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (78)
29.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed