username1454260
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
To get into my University choices, I think I'm going to need AAB/ AAA. In my mock, I got a B in history and I've started to revise now so that I can improve. However, I'm really struggling to understand the line between an A and a B in history. Do any historians have any advice or tips? It would be much appreciated

Btw I'm with AQA and I'm studying Wars and Welfare (Britain 1906-1957) and the quest for Political Stability (Germany, 1871–1991).
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ella_08)
To get into my University choices, I think I'm going to need AAB/ AAA. In my mock, I got a B in history and I've started to revise now so that I can improve. However, I'm really struggling to understand the line between an A and a B in history. Do any historians have any advice or tips? It would be much appreciated

Btw I'm with AQA and I'm studying Wars and Welfare (Britain 1906-1957) and the quest for Political Stability (Germany, 1871–1991).
Get yourself revision books, so you always have a reliable core text to fall back on.

Once you master the core material then you need to do two things.

1. Be capable of writing essays within 40 mins each. Practice.
2. Improve your level of analysis and understanding by being able to produce counter arguments, look at different historical perspectives and adding more detail. Its all these extras that will make you stand pit and above just answering the question.

Look at the mark schemes and examiners reports.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.48%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (97)
27.79%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (133)
38.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (47)
13.47%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.15%

Watched Threads