The Student Room Group

Frontline social work video interview

Hi I recently completed my video interview for the Frontline social work programme. I feel that I completely messed it up as I came across all flustered and stumbled on a few questions. I was really nervous whilst doing it, which has frustrated me as I felt like I'd aced the practise tests. Has anybody else experienced this with the Frontline recruitment process and if so, what was the outcome. Did your application not go any further or were you invited to the assessment centre?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I completed my video interview today and feel the same! :frown:
Reply 2
What type of questions did they ask
Reply 3
Original post by Jamul
Hi I recently completed my video interview for the Frontline social work programme. I feel that I completely messed it up as I came across all flustered and stumbled on a few questions. I was really nervous whilst doing it, which has frustrated me as I felt like I'd aced the practise tests. Has anybody else experienced this with the Frontline recruitment process and if so, what was the outcome. Did your application not go any further or were you invited to the assessment centre?

What type of questions did they ask?
Reply 4
Original post by Lfh89
What type of questions did they ask?

I don't think candidates are permitted to discuss questions (Sorry) just don't want to break any type of protocol. If you are lined up to do an interview I would seriously suggest learning and memorising the competencies part. I clearly didn't do too bad though as I have been invited to the assessment centre. Good-luck if you applied :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Jamul
I don't think candidates are permitted to discuss questions (Sorry) just don't want to break any type of protocol. If you are lined up to do an interview I would seriously suggest learning and memorising the competencies part. I clearly didn't do too bad though as I have been invited to the assessment centre. Good-luck if you applied :smile:

Woo Congratulations, which time have you picked? :smile:
How long are people waiting after their video interviews for results?
HiI got offered to do my video interview yesterday but then today i got an email offering me the assessment centre when i havent even done a video interview yet??Im so very confusedThey've offered me 8.45am on the 11th october as a time for the interview however theres no location given on that... Have you been given one?Ive emailed them asking what is going on, nervous waiting for a response now :frown:
hi Lauren. That’s weird?! It sounds like they may have sent you that by mistake if you haven’t completed your video interview. I did my interview last week and received a reply within two days to say I needed to redo some of the questions as I had problems with mine half way through. I’m just awaiting my results from that now 😕 let me know how you get on and what they say. Also your not given a specific time for your video interview but a time frame of around five days in which to complete it. Hope this helps x
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Serendipity123
hi Lauren. That’s weird?! It sounds like they may have sent you that by mistake if you haven’t completed your video interview. I did my interview last week and received a reply within two days to say I needed to redo some of the questions as I had problems with mine half way through. I’m just awaiting my results from that now 😕 let me know how you get on and what they say. Also your not given a specific time for your video interview but a time frame of around five days in which to complete it. Hope this helps x

Hi, sorry for the new account I replied to this last night after my phone had died on my partners phone in a panic haha! I only received the first email you get saying they're wanting you to complete a video interview, I never actually got the email with the link to the site where you upload your video answers... I have no idea what is going on and unfortunately they have no number you can just ring but I've dropped them an email and hopefully they'll get back to me asap... even if I do get an assessment centre interview it's going to cost me a bomb to travel to London :redface: Will let you know what goes on, good luck with your re-uploads!!!! x
Aww don’t worry honestly. Well they’re pretty good at getting back to you so I’m sure you’ll hear something soon. I’ve just got the email inviting me to the assessment centre so just got to choose a date x
Aww don’t worry honestly. Well they’re pretty good at getting back to you so I’m sure you’ll hear something soon. I’ve just got the email inviting me to the assessment centre so just got to choose a date x

Hi there!

It was an error... which is a bit frustrating. Just done my video interview today and I'm worried it didn't go so well. The questions we're rather hard... some I was NOT expecting haha. I shall see in a few days if I get an assessment centre date. xx
Oh no! Well don’t worry honestly the first time I did it I had the last three questions cut off due to a power cut then was asked to redo it and I messed up two of them and still managed to get through to the assessment centre so please don’t worry.

Let me know how you get on and will keep everything crossed for you x
Oh no! Well don’t worry honestly the first time I did it I had the last three questions cut off due to a power cut then was asked to redo it and I messed up two of them and still managed to get through to the assessment centre so please don’t worry.

Let me know how you get on and will keep everything crossed for you x

That sounds reassuring to hear... I was cut off on a few questions because I was just too distracted by answering them best I could which was very frustrating. Hoping I don't have to re do anything, this has been the most stressful interview I've had ever haha x
I know I think because it’s not a normal interview it puts you at a disadvantage but they will understand that it’s out of your comfort zone especially if your like me and have never done a video interview before. But I’m sure you’ll be fine. I heard within two days for each of mine and if you do have to redo any it will only be the ones you may have missed if that is the case x
Reply 15
Hey Guys,

I have been invited to the video interview. I am trying to prep from the competencies and come up with examples that could fit the possible questions.
How did you all dress for the video interview? Did you treat it as a normal face to face interview?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and good luck to those who have applied!
hey

Obviously I can’t say what the questions are but yes just go over the competencies and answer as honestly as you can. It does feel strange but you do quickly get used to it. I just made sure I was in the house alone so I had no distractions and just treated like a normal face to face interview.
They know it’s not a normal interview and therefore you are going to be nervous but just take your time when answering. Hope this helps and good luck 🍀
Reply 17
hey

Obviously I can’t say what the questions are but yes just go over the competencies and answer as honestly as you can. It does feel strange but you do quickly get used to it. I just made sure I was in the house alone so I had no distractions and just treated like a normal face to face interview.
They know it’s not a normal interview and therefore you are going to be nervous but just take your time when answering. Hope this helps and good luck 🍀

Thank you Serendipity123! i just need to choose the day to do the interview questions now!
No problem at all. You do have the opportunity to have a practice question which is good. But just be yourself and you will be fine I promise 😊
Reply 19
So I've just done my video interview! It was really difficult and it felt so unnatural staring at the camera! It was not my best interview that's for sure so I'll be surprised if I get an offer to go to the assessment centre!

Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest