Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Discuss

ReputationRep:
    I think he already has.

Yes,i hope
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If he carries on the way he has then yeh, more than likely.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure someone else worse will come along, sure after Winston Churchill we got Maggie Thatcher so yeah probs not.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah at this rate he will no doubt about that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4cc4n4)
    I'm sure someone else worse will come along, sure after Winston Churchill we got Maggie Thatcher so yeah probs not.
    OP said worst not best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User7789)
    Discuss
    Nope. That title will go to Obama.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    OP said worst not best.
    Ik Winston Churchill was a scumbag who was happy to cause the famine in India, he has their blood on his hands, the racist scumbag.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4cc4n4)
    Ik Winston Churchill was a scumbag who was happy to cause the famine in India, he has their blood on his hands, the racist scumbag.
    I was talking more about Thatcher.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is too early to tell. He hasn't really delivered on many of his campaign promises so he will definately be one of the more unpopular presidents but I don't think he could be considered the worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User7789)
    Discuss
    No, he's done hardly anything

ReputationRep:
    No,Trump has hardly done anything so far,so in terms of what he has achieved he is no worst then most US presidents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImSuperiorToYou)
    Nope. That title will go to Obama.
    :goaway:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George32)
    :goaway:
    Obama's period as president was marked by the increase of racial tensions in the US.
    A record 20% of Americans were on food stamps in 2013 (during Obama's reign).
    The US lost it's AAA credit rating during Obama's presidency because he spent too much.

Just to name a few things. Instead of challenging me you just tell me to "go away". That's not how a discussion works.

ReputationRep:
    Obama's period as president was marked by the increase of racial tensions in the US.
    The US lost it's AAA credit rating during Obama's presidency because he spent too much.

Just to name a few things. Instead of challenging me you just tell me to "go away". That's not how a discussion works.
    Are you being intentionally stupid? You really think that people getting Food Stamps and the US losing its AAA credit rating was Obama's fault? Not the Global Financial Crisis that sent unemployment to 12% and the deficit to 11 points? The financial crisis that Obama recovered the US from with his stimulus, bailout, and Federal Reserve action?

And Americans being racist KKK members isn't Obama's fault.

ReputationRep:

...fair point :cool:

Obama signed the American Taxpayer Relief Act, Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, and Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act; he lawfully supported
    marriage equality, halved the US' unemployment rate in six years, and brought significant stability to the States' significant auto and banking industries after their GR. He signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act; extricated America from two wars; and still boosted US economy.

All POTOS' have successes and failures. There's context to your criticisms but I won't dispute them as they are significant failures.
    The thread, however, doesn't concern whether BO's the best POTUS - it questions if Trump will be the worst?

IMO consideration of Obama as the worst POTUS in history is more ideological rather than evidenced;
    especially, when all POTUS' are considered, not just DJ.

The lack of scandals, two term service, and high approval ratings post-leaving office would make your argument comparatively weaker when measured against all others in history.

There's deffo a discussion to be had though; maybe I've missed something?

ReputationRep:
    Potentially, yes.

ReputationRep:
    He certainly has the potential, it will depend on what level of major gaff he presides over

ReputationRep:
    It depends what he will do in the future, he hasn't really done anything at the moment

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.