Should I Drop English Lang or Sociology? Watch

31shotscrazy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My subjects are as follows: Psychology, Sociology and English Language. Recently, I decided I want to change one of my courses to Computer Science as I had an interest in learning how to code and possibly get a CS degree in the near future. However, Mathematics isn't my strong point and I only managed to achieve a grade 5 meaning that I could get onto this course if I wanted but I don't know if it is for me. So if I pick this subject then there is no turning back. I also contemplated on picking economics but I was told CS is the better way to go (subjective I know ). I really don't know what to drop though, Sociology or English Lang. I'm extremely indecisive when it comes to these things.
xhorseloverx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean, which do you prefer? Which lessons do you look forward to the most? English Language is more challenging and well-regarded; but having said this neither are facilitating so it shouldn't really matter. But I would definitely advise you not to do CS if you only got a 5 in Maths GCSE. It will be very challenging. Hope that can help
31shotscrazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by xhorseloverx)
I mean, which do you prefer? Which lessons do you look forward to the most? English Language is more challenging and well-regarded; but having said this neither are facilitating so it shouldn't really matter. But I would definitely advise you not to do CS if you only got a 5 in Maths GCSE. It will be very challenging. Hope that can help
Thank you for your advice. Well, I'm just gonna have to try haha.
31shotscrazy
Rep:
?
bump
southerngothic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
English Language tends to look better than Sociology on University applications but it's whatever you prefer/think you would be better at. I did Sociology AS-Level and thoroughly enjoyed the classroom experiences, but I failed it thanks to incompetent teachers still covering entire topics three days before the exam. There is honestly so much to learn with Sociology that, even though I enjoyed classroom debates/discussions, I would recommend English Language over Sociology.
31shotscrazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by southerngothic)
English Language tends to look better than Sociology on University applications but it's whatever you prefer/think you would be better at. I did Sociology AS-Level and thoroughly enjoyed the classroom experiences, but I failed it thanks to incompetent teachers still covering entire topics three days before the exam. There is honestly so much to learn with Sociology that, even though I enjoyed classroom debates/discussions, I would recommend English Language over Sociology.
Damn, well, I ended up dropping English Lang ☹️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads