The Student Room Group

Writing 1 personal statement for 2 different courses

I want to apply to 2 different courses for uni: law, and accounting&finance, but I can only write 1 personal statement on UCAS.
My counselor advised me to only choose one course, but I REALLY want to apply to both and then see the offers I'm given.

I've been told that writing 1 ps for 2 different courses has been done in the past...
Should I try to find the similarities of the 2 courses (there are barely any) and try to write about that without telling them what I'm actually doing,
or do I open up and just say i'm actually applying to 2 different courses?

thank you for reading, and PLEASE HELP!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by lhl17
I want to apply to 2 different courses for uni: law, and accounting&finance, but I can only write 1 personal statement on UCAS.
My counselor advised me to only choose one course, but I REALLY want to apply to both and then see the offers I'm given.

I've been told that writing 1 ps for 2 different courses has been done in the past...
Should I try to find the similarities of the 2 courses (there are barely any) and try to write about that without telling them what I'm actually doing,
or do I open up and just say i'm actually applying to 2 different courses?

thank you for reading, and PLEASE HELP!

You should follow your counselors advice, you can't be incredibly vague otherwise you ll seem uninterested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending