The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance at achieving Oxford?

{deleted}
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PsychSam
GCSE: 7A* and 3As, I was 3rd in my year
AS: Psychology A, History A, English Language A, Biology (being remarked as I was 1 mark off an A) , I received the highest grades in my sixth form
I've dropped English Language and am doing an EPQ (hopefully targeted at an A-A*)

Do you think there's any point in applying?

Of course, those are excellent grades and you've got nothing to lose by applying.
Reply 2
yes go for it!
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Of course, those are excellent grades and you've got nothing to lose by applying.

Ok I think your probably right in the nothing to loose bit:h:
Reply 4
Those are excellent grades, you lose nothing by applying and I would think you have a good shot at getting an offer.

And if you did the AQA biology exam then I wouldn't sweat over it too much, from what I heard it was a nasty exam and only 2 people in my sixth form got an A.
Original post by Shirik
Those are excellent grades, you lose nothing by applying and I would think you have a good shot at getting an offer.

And if you did the AQA biology exam then I wouldn't sweat over it too much, from what I heard it was a nasty exam and only 2 people in my sixth form got an A.

Thanks! I did do AQA biology, only 3 people got it in my class. I was so sad that I was only 1 mark off but I freaked out during the exam so I'm not surprised. Hopefully it'll be remarked as an A but it won't matter after I get my Alevel result for it anyway :smile:
Original post by PsychSam
GCSE: 7A* and 3As, I was 3rd in my year
AS: Psychology A, History A, English Language A, Biology A , I received the highest grades in my sixth form
I've dropped English Language and am doing an EPQ (hopefully targeted at an A)

Do you think there's any point in applying for Psychology?

Yes.

I don't go too a grammar school

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending