Arab Spring. Who were the winners and losers?Watch
1) ISIS and groups like Al Nusra, Ansar Al Jihad etc enjoyed massive expansion during the instability resulting from removal of strong leaders during Arab spring. This growth would enable them to launch terror attacks in Britain, Europe and Australia.
2) US arms suppliers who took advantage of the chaos and initially supplied weapons to rebel terror groups fighting Assad and Gaddafi.
3) Turkey used the chaos in Syria to attack and destroy Kurdish areas in Syria with help from ISIS.
4) Sunni extremists took land from Shia and Alawites.
5) Racists and islamophobes who saw the troubles as an excuse for their platform of hate.
1) Innocent people around the world killed and injured in Daesh terror attacks such as the children murdered in the Manchester concert terror attack.
2) Tunisian tourist industry. Destroyed by the Sousse beach massacre that saw people loose their jobs in hotels etc resulting in mass unemployment and deprivation that in turn would lead to some people joining Daesh.
3) Innocent people in Syria, Libya etc who had their lives turned upside down by the wars, many of who were content with the peace and status quo.
4) The EU who would lose Britain as Brits feared being over-run by migrants fleeing the conflicts in Syria, Iraq and Libya and Brits saw the only solution being total detachment from the EU and ending freedom of movement and free trade.
5) Shia, Alawite, Kurds and Yazidis who would suffer ethnic cleansing and genocide inflicted by Daesh and other jihadi rebel groups.
6) Strong leaderships across North Africa and Middle East destroyed by the Arab spring resulting in instability war and uncertainty.
We would rather sit back and see a million people die in Civil War, than a single person due to "western" intervention.
These countries are rubbish. They can't do anything let alone peaceful transition or revolution - they were all inevitably going to turn into long-term bloody conflicts. We are not going to get involved, therefore these things will not be resolved - possibly for decades if not centuries.
With all due respect, that is neocon claptrap. The middle east was always the most advanced culture going back millenia. Iraq, Syria, Libya all were free of vice and corporatisation unlike America which is chronologically sick, obese, educationally bereft and morally bankrupt.
Also, if this what this 'most advanced' culture delivers... I'll stick to mine.