The Student Room Group

Persuading the driving test examiner to give you a pass?

If you tell the driving test examiner during the driving test that you need to pass the test for a new job or maybe you are a carer and someone will be relying on you to drive for them, will that encourage them give you a pass?

You could say you have a full schedule planned that relies on you having a full driving licence and a test Fail could totally ruin your plans.

After all examiners are only human and don't want to ruin your life.

Does it work?
Reply 1
If u have to consider it i wouldnt want u on the road
No. The only way you can persuade them to pass is by showing them that you're a safe driver and ready to get on the road by yourself. No two ways about it.
If examiners started passing people who "need" to pass but don't deserve it the roads will become even more unsafe. They will ruin someone's life by passing a dangerous driver who kills someone.
Original post by Ambitious1999
If you tell the driving test examiner during the driving test that you need to pass the test for a new job or maybe you are a carer and someone will be relying on you to drive for them, will that encourage them give you a pass?

You could say you have a full schedule planned that relies on you having a full driving licence and a test Fail could totally ruin your plans.

After all examiners are only human and don't want to ruin your life.

Does it work?

A bit of money always helps :wink:
No, and I would hate to think any instructor would ever consider doing so. The reason that standards and tests are in place is because actions whilst driving affect others!

Having said that, I was so nervous in my second test as I'd failed the first one in a moments mistake that I mentioned this to the instructor without even realising and he was definitely more kinder during it towards me. So if it's nerves, they can be really nice which in turn helps
My uncle bribed the examiner to give him a pass. £350 cash in hand i believe. If you want to persuade always have money on you like put it on a seat while persuading so he will see.
Looooool thats a very stupid decision. IDC if I was a millionaire I still wouldnt do that. The examiner passes or fails you for your own safety. £350 isnt worth crashing and losing my life after fake 'passing'
I personally persuaded them to pass me by driving according to their expectations for half an hour or so. It wasn't that hard tbqh.
You could drive to an acceptable standard, or try offering to suck them off I suppose.
What area did he past and how many years ago was this

by lionike123)My uncle bribed the examiner to give him a pass. £350 cash in hand i believe. If you want to persuade always have money on you like put it on a seat while persuading so he will see.
No, just no.
What hell are you on about? Don't you understand that some people's circumstances require them to be able to drive, what if they can't get to work like me? This person has every right to be on the road,
Original post by graciewhitzx
What hell are you on about? Don't you understand that some people's circumstances require them to be able to drive, what if they can't get to work like me? This person has every right to be on the road, what a stupid thing to say!

this post is 2 years old no need to stress over nothing