smithyboy9900
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Help me please! my english teacher is a very strict marker and is wanting me to include more theorists in my coursework. However im struggling to find anymore on language and power apart from fairclough and Waering. Ive based mine on a court case trial so i need to explore more viewpoints....
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
GSwann
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by smithyboy9900)
Help me please! my english teacher is a very strict marker and is wanting me to include more theorists in my coursework. However im struggling to find anymore on language and power apart from fairclough and Waering. Ive based mine on a court case trial so i need to explore more viewpoints....
There's a good book called Power and Politeness in the workplace which I used in my course work and in uni assignments. It's by Janet Holmes and Maria Stubbe.

The best place to start is by looking at the references used in books like 'an introduction to sociolinguistics' to see where they got their info and theory.

Hope that helps!
GSwann
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could also look into
Tannen - power in the workplace
Brown & Levinson - positive/negative politeness
Giles - accommodation theory
O'Barr & Atkins - courtroom study
X