The Student Room Group

A level Biology

I've just started my a levels and I'm finding biology very uninteresting. What are you experiences with Biology? Should I swap it? I only have 1 week left to swap
Original post by Delilahkay12
I've just started my a levels and I'm finding biology very uninteresting. What are you experiences with Biology? Should I swap it? I only have 1 week left to swap

Well it's appreciated as a hard subject by universities from what my teacher said. The real downfall of it, is that it is content heavy.
hmm... if you know what degree u want to do at uni and it doesn't require a-level biology then if u don't want it swap it. But don't do the mistake that I did, I dropped chemistry and I wanted to do medicine at uni and it was too late to pick up chemistry again. Its ur choice and make the best decision for urself. :smile:

F-cking hated it, dropped it after a year. Far too much content to learn and half of it you won't even see mentioned anywhere in the papers. Performed so much better the next year in my other subjects since I had a lot more free time from not having to revise biology.

Like others have said it's all on you but from personal experience dropping it was the best thing I ever did.
so so so so sooo much to learn, had the worst year last year doing it and havent been able to drop it this year so I have a lot of making up to do!!! Please swap it if you don't need biology, do something that won't ruin sixth form lol. Saying that, you may actually like it, everyone is different - but I thought I would love it as I did at GCSE level! It can be interesting sometimes, but my advice would be to pick the subject you think you'll get the best grade in with the least stress, at the end of the day you'll get the same UCAS points from a C in biology as a pass in a BTEC! DO what you feel is best for yourself love :smile: Xx
I'm finding biological molecules vvvv interesting however learning how a fricken microscope is boring asfff
biology is more about understanding then applying.

If you're not enjoying it, drop it. It was the hardest a level for me, the only reason why I stuck at it was because I enjoyed it. If you don't have the love for it, it's going to be living hell, get out while you can.
It is pretty dead. Change to Chemistry if you don't do it already.
change to english

Quick Reply

Latest