The Student Room Group

Gcse remark

Has anyone had a successful remark. For instance 9 marks or above the next grade and got the grade.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Adz
Has anyone had a successful remark. For instance 9 marks or above the next grade and got the grade.

What subject are you getting a remark for?
Reply 2
Original post by Faeeza.Ifti
What subject are you getting a remark for?

English language old specification.And I was just wondering if anyone had a successful remark that was more than few marks off.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by -Adz
English language old specification.And I was just wondering if anyone had a successful remark that was more than few marks off.

oh cool I'm getting my english lang remarked to but the new spec I was 1 mark off a 7 lol- well good luck on getting the result! :h:
I would definitely get it done, especially with English. It is soo subjective and so remarks can vary loads. I know people who went up 2-3 grades
Reply 5
Haha I'm in the same situation! 11 marks off an 8 in English Literature even though I was predicted a safe 8?? Pretty upsetting but I don't think I'll be going for the remark because I'm 2 marks off a 6 :/
Original post by anonasian
I would definitely get it done, especially with English. It is soo subjective and so remarks can vary loads. I know people who went up 2-3 grades

new gcse?
Original post by Uranium Potato
new gcse?

No I know people that have gone up one in the new one, but the marking shouldn't be too different, right?
Original post by anonasian
No I know people that have gone up one in the new one, but the marking shouldn't be too different, right?

i hope so lol
Reply 9
Update with my English paper (new 9-1) I got my clerical check copy of the paper today and my school head of English said that my paper was wildly off in marking (I should've gotten 12+ marks more) so I am getting a remark now–fingers crossed!!
Hey, just my update, I'm glad to say God has granted me with 11 more marks which brings my eng lit grade to a level 8 - 5 off a 9!. I got 11 marks increased all in paper 2 and none increased in paper 1. Im still ecstatic tho, and so thankful to God, brings my a star count to 10 - double digits!!! Still awaiting my eng lang tho. Good luck everyone. i was 2 marks off an 8 but now 9 marks inside it if anyone wanted to know.
Original post by Uranium Potato
Hey, just my update, I'm glad to say God has granted me with 11 more marks which brings my eng lit grade to a level 8 - 5 off a 9!. I got 11 marks increased all in paper 2 and none increased in paper 1. Im still ecstatic tho, and so thankful to God, brings my a star count to 10 - double digits!!! Still awaiting my eng lang tho. Good luck everyone. i was 2 marks off an 8 but now 9 marks inside it if anyone wanted to know.

Ahh congrats that's amazing!! I'm hoping for a similar result with my English lit–how long did you have to wait for your remark??
Original post by Pastelx
Ahh congrats that's amazing!! I'm hoping for a similar result with my English lit–how long did you have to wait for your remark??

It took loooooooong like 16 days when i submitted it to my school, they only sent it after 4 days though, so i guess 12 days from when they sent it to the board
Reply 13
It is very unsettling waiting. It looks like there have been loads of gains on re-marks, particularly AQA English. Has anybody else on this thread heard anything but not yet posted outcome? Would be interesting to see subject, board and how much it changed.
Reply 14
Just wanted to say I sent my AQA drama off for a remark and it went up 15 marks from a C to a B!! I wanted an A but after the devastation of results day seeing a C on my sheet (esp for the C to be in drama) a B feels like an A*!!! My teacher also kept saying on results day
Just got my remark on English Language back, 4 marks up with a sweet A* (old spec, cie exam board igcse)! Over the moon currently, it means I finally have all A*s
Original post by matrixender
Just got my remark on English Language back, 4 marks up with a sweet A* (old spec, cie exam board igcse)! Over the moon currently, it means I finally have all A*s

Congrats that’s brilliant!! Hoping for a similar result with my English lit
Reply 17
Original post by -Adz

WJEC English Lit up from a marginal 6 to a comfortable 9. 8 extra marks on first paper and 37(!) on second.
Original post by TCL
WJEC English Lit up from a marginal 6 to a comfortable 9. 8 extra marks on first paper and 37(!) on second.

Wow that's crazy. Something serious went wrong there. I'm still convinced they marked mine too high haha.
Update: got my AQA English Lit remark back and my mark hasn’t changed; my English department is completely OUTRAGED and are putting in an appeal (as an overall complaint regarding the papers marked for the whole school) with my paper as the key subject

...have no idea how this will go but I do feel relieved that at least my English teachers believe in my capabilities, even if AQA don’t...

Quick Reply

Latest