The Student Room Group

How long for a change in circumstances to be processed?

Hi, my original application included my mum living with a partner, out of work and classed as a carer. Now she is back to being a single parent living alone and in work earning approximately 28k. (she previously had this status before she met her partner). I am currently only being offered approximately 3900 which is far too low, and have been informed evidence has been received. How long will this take to process? As I have just received my first payment and it is not enough to even cover my rent. I am worrying, Thanks. Roxy
Wow, literally I'm in the same position as you! Like even your circumstances except my mums partner is still living with her but he's unemployed for the foreseeable future. Yeah SFE said they received my evidence for the grant but that's been like a 2 weeks and no update. :O
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
We have nothing to do with mums ex partner at all. I received a text around the 29th to say they had received new evidence but it seems to be taking far too long! My current offer isn't enough to see me through at all.
Original post by roxybland23
Hi, my original application included my mum living with a partner, out of work and classed as a carer. Now she is back to being a single parent living alone and in work earning approximately 28k. (she previously had this status before she met her partner). I am currently only being offered approximately 3900 which is far too low, and have been informed evidence has been received. How long will this take to process? As I have just received my first payment and it is not enough to even cover my rent. I am worrying, Thanks. Roxy

Hi roxybland23,

Financial evidence is taking 20 working days to process, we would advise that you keep checking the progress on your online account.

Thanks Catherine
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi roxybland23,

Financial evidence is taking 20 working days to process, we would advise that you keep checking the progress on your online account.

Thanks Catherine

Once the evidence has been processed and updated, how will this affect my payments? Will i have to wait until the next payment in January to receive what i missed this term? Thanks
Original post by roxybland23
Once the evidence has been processed and updated, how will this affect my payments? Will i have to wait until the next payment in January to receive what i missed this term? Thanks

Hi roxybland23,

Your payments will be rescheduled when the change of circumstance has been processed and registration has been confirmed.

Thanks Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending