Personal Statement for Construction Management

Watch
23334w323
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi, I'm looking at taking a degree in construction project management / construction engineering management and I'm really struggling with writing a personal statement.
Its not like i can exactly say- 'Construction management has been a pathway I've wanted to follow from a young age'
id appreciate any help you can give.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 23334w323)
hi, I'm looking at taking a degree in construction project management / construction engineering management and I'm really struggling with writing a personal statement.
Its not like i can exactly say- 'Construction management has been a pathway I've wanted to follow from a young age'
id appreciate any help you can give.
1. Why do you want to study it?

2. Do you have any evidence that you are interested in it? Have you read any books about it, gone to any lectures...

3. Have you had any relevant work experience, or gone to see how something has been constructed or how it was managed?

4. Don't bother with mentioning young ages on a PS, the space can be used much better with something tangible. My advice for writing a PS or job application or anything like that would be to challenge yourself with 'so what?' After every sentence to see if it is adding any value.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You don't need to say anything about having an interest for a long time - it's often cliched anyway
23334w323
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
1. Why do you want to study it?

2. Do you have any evidence that you are interested in it? Have you read any books about it, gone to any lectures...

3. Have you had any relevant work experience, or gone to see how something has been constructed or how it was managed?

4. Don't bother with mentioning young ages on a PS, the space can be used much better with something tangible. My advice for writing a PS or job application or anything like that would be to challenge yourself with 'so what?' After every sentence to see if it is adding any value.

Thank you for the help, much Appreciated!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (251)
57.31%
I don't have everything I need (187)
42.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed