The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Official Staffordshire University Applicants Thread 2018

Hi everyone :hello::hello::hello:

If you're thinking about applying for Staffordshire University for 2018 - or if you're super-keen and already have - then you're in the right place!

This thread is where you can chat to other applicants, let us know what you're thinking and ask any questions. We're here to help if you need us :smile: You can also find out more about life at Staffs from our student bloggers.

Why not start off by introducing yourself? Maybe you could tell us:

Which course are you applying for?
Will you be moving away from home or staying local?
Are you nervous or excited about starting uni?
When are you coming to meet us at an open day?

We'll look forward to meeting you - good luck with your application! :goodluck:

Scroll to see replies

Hello!

My name is Scott, I am from Newcastle Upon Tyne and I will be applying for the Esports course :smile: Uni wasnt too high on my list but because I love this subject I thought I would go for it and see where it got me. If I get into uni I plan to move down to Stoke in private accommodation. I would say I am both nervous and excited as I think it is a big risk plus I haven't lived self-dependently before so im only worried about moving out. Since it costs me like £100 to travel down to Stoke I probably wont go to an open day until I have a place as I have already been on an open day.

:smile:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! Staffordshire is my first choice university for 2018. Im hoping to study Early Childhood studies and would be living on campus in either leek road halls or houses. After going to the most recent open day i am excited for uni, however, i do have a question about the accommodation at staffordshire. I have heard that a lot of the time at this university they put you in same sex accommodation. Personally i would much prefer mixed gender accommodation so was just wondering how true this is? Thank you!
Original post by toniii00
Hi! Staffordshire is my first choice university for 2018. Im hoping to study Early Childhood studies and would be living on campus in either leek road halls or houses. After going to the most recent open day i am excited for uni, however, i do have a question about the accommodation at staffordshire. I have heard that a lot of the time at this university they put you in same sex accommodation. Personally i would much prefer mixed gender accommodation so was just wondering how true this is? Thank you!

Hey there! Currently I'm a postgrad student at Staffs, but for the last 3 years I was an undergrad student there, and in my first year lived in halls on campus. It may have slightly changed compared to when I was a fresher, however I know that there are both same sex and mixed accommodations on offer.

I believe that the en suite accomodation in Clarice Cliff is typically mixed, as there isn't a need to share an open toilet/shower block, and I believe this may be the same for the houses. All of the standard accommodation halls, or at least when I was living there, I think are all same sex. Although that being said, when I was living with a group of boys on the bottom floor, we were always hanging out with the girls upstairs in either flats, so it was kinda mixed anyway. To find out more, or get contact info to directly ask the accommodation people at Staffs, I would check out the website! Hope this helped 😄
Reply 4
Hii!!

My name is Toni and I'm from Spain but I'm studying the International Baccalaureate in a little town around the Lake District.

I'm applying for the Computer Games Programming course that is acredited by Skillset, and honestly, I can't wait to start to study what I really love.

For my accommodation, I'll probably be renting a private place somewhere near the uni, after living in a boarding house for about 2 years, I really prefer my own house to stay than the uni accommodation, and obviously I'm moving away from home :biggrin:.

And I'm coming in the October open day :3

About the accommodation, if someone could give me an advice on which city near the university to live, its much appreciated it.
Hello there, my name is Rhys and I am a student from Poland aiming to get into the Digital Film and Post Production course which is honestly my dream course. I'm planning to apply for university accomodation (preferably Clarice Cliff or College court). My application is still in the works and I'm planning to start perfecting my portfolio soon.
And honestly, I'm pretty scared of moving out on my own since I feel like everything is very unsure. I will have to find a job while studying and I'm most worried about that. Any advice on that factor?
Reply 6
Hi! My name is Amy. Stafford is my first choice I have applied for a place in Midwifery for 2018. I’ve already been to an open day and fell in love with the university and all of the support that they offer students. I’ve booked onto the test drive on Friday too!
Has anybody heard back from their applications yet? Mine has only been sent a week but I’m already checking track 100 times a day haha.
Hi, I got an offer back after I applied on day one about 3 weeks afterwards but I dont know if it will be different for your course or not but I was the same like even though I knew I wouldnt hear back for ages I still kept checking my track as much as I could as soon as I applied
Reply 8
Hi!

I'm Jamie, and I've already applied for Staffordshire for a Games Design course! I went to one of the open days and was really happy with the campus and my study area. I'm also hoping to go on one of the test-drive your degree days. The Leek road house's look amazing.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips about Uni life, would love to know first hand what it's like?

Thanks!
Reply 9
I can’t give you any tips about uni but I have just been to a test-drive for midwifery today! I highly recommend going to one it gives you such a great insight into the reality of lectures. Staffs is amazing isn’t it?! I’m hoping to get in for September too! Sending you lots of good luck!
Original post by Skipppppyyyyy
Hi, I got an offer back after I applied on day one about 3 weeks afterwards but I dont know if it will be different for your course or not but I was the same like even though I knew I wouldnt hear back for ages I still kept checking my track as much as I could as soon as I applied

Thanks for your help! It’s torture isn’t it all of the uncertainty 😩
I've just booked my test drive! I'm coming all the way from Essex XD Nice that this Uni gives us a chance to experience it rather than going in almost blind!

:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by toniii00

I'm looking to study the same course :smile:
Original post by Amyp2018
Hi! My name is Amy. Stafford is my first choice I have applied for a place in Midwifery for 2018. I’ve already been to an open day and fell in love with the university and all of the support that they offer students. I’ve booked onto the test drive on Friday too!
Has anybody heard back from their applications yet? Mine has only been sent a week but I’m already checking track 100 times a day haha.

Hey Amy, i have also applied for Midwifery 2018 at Staffordshire. I haven't heard from Staffordshire yet but Edge HIll have offered me an interview in December. Eeeek! Im constantly checking UCAS too, its terrible!! Good luck x
Original post by bebz9608
Hey Amy, i have also applied for Midwifery 2018 at Staffordshire. I haven't heard from Staffordshire yet but Edge HIll have offered me an interview in December. Eeeek! Im constantly checking UCAS too, its terrible!! Good luck x

That’s amazing! Congratulations and wishing you the best of luck with your interview!! X
Thank you so much I’m so scared 😆 xx
It’s probably so much easier said than done but try not to be scared. You’ve already been chosen out of so many people for interview so try to think positive. You can do it just have faith! 🤞 xx
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi Amy, I have also applied to Staffordshire to study midwifery. I sent my application off last week. I can’t believe I have actually done it 😀 x
Original post by Littlelady02
Hi Amy, I have also applied to Staffordshire to study midwifery. I sent my application off last week. I can’t believe I have actually done it 😀 x

It’s so nerve wracking and exciting all at the same time isn’t it?! Track has now taken over my life 🙈

Best of luck with your application!! Hopefully won’t be too much longer until we hear something. I’m hoping no news is good news 🤞🙏 x
Hi! Thought I'd drop a message in here, as I'm one of the Student Bloggers for Staffs! My name is Gee, and I'm currently in my second year of Cartoon & Comic Arts. I also lived in accommodation (Clarice Cliff) for my first year. So if you have any questions about student life, let me know! Hope to see you in September!

Quick Reply

Latest