The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Official Staffordshire University Applicants Thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to those of you who have already received offers! If there's anything we or our student ambassadors can help with, just go ahead and ask :smile:

^Katy
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by toniii00
Hi! Staffordshire is my first choice university for 2018. Im hoping to study Early Childhood studies and would be living on campus in either leek road halls or houses. After going to the most recent open day i am excited for uni, however, i do have a question about the accommodation at staffordshire. I have heard that a lot of the time at this university they put you in same sex accommodation. Personally i would much prefer mixed gender accommodation so was just wondering how true this is? Thank you!

I’m applying for this too :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by bebz9608
Hey Amy, i have also applied for Midwifery 2018 at Staffordshire. I haven't heard from Staffordshire yet but Edge HIll have offered me an interview in December. Eeeek! Im constantly checking UCAS too, its terrible!! Good luck x

Hi guys, I'm Melissa and thought I'd add too! I also applied for midwifery and just got a selection/ interview day for 14th December :smile: hope everything is going well for yous x
Original post by myoung6
Hi guys, I'm Melissa and thought I'd add too! I also applied for midwifery and just got a selection/ interview day for 14th December :smile: hope everything is going well for yous x

That's great, Melissa - best of luck for your interview! :smile:

^Katy
Reply 44
Hi there! My name is Juan, from Spain, I applied to Concept Art for Games and Films one month ago but haven't received any response yet. I'm very nervous, I check UCAS almost every day X). I already went to a open day in October and fall in love with the university, I hope I can make it.

Also I'd like to ask you some tips about the interview and the portfolio, I didn't have any problems understanding the English at the open day but under pressure my speaking skills goes down to zero hehehe.

Thank you for all and I wish you all Luck!!
Original post by JuanD
Hi there! My name is Juan, from Spain, I applied to Concept Art for Games and Films one month ago but haven't received any response yet. I'm very nervous, I check UCAS almost every day X). I already went to a open day in October and fall in love with the university, I hope I can make it.

Also I'd like to ask you some tips about the interview and the portfolio, I didn't have any problems understanding the English at the open day but under pressure my speaking skills goes down to zero hehehe.

Thank you for all and I wish you all Luck!!

I also just applied to the Concept Art course :smile:! No news yet but I'm trying to finish some pieces for a portfolio, kinda worried about that.
Good luck, let's hope we both get in ahahah
Reply 46
Original post by BeckyF150
I also just applied to the Concept Art course :smile:! No news yet but I'm trying to finish some pieces for a portfolio, kinda worried about that.
Good luck, let's hope we both get in ahahah

ohh great, yess, let's hope we both get in!!
success-kid.png
Hi I have applied for Network Computing at Staffordshire, it's one of my top choice unis, heard back from 3 so far and got an unconditional offer form Kingston. Anyone had an offer for this course yet?.... Just heard back today and I've got an unconditional offer!!! So pleased now to decide between Staffordshire and Kingston I think
(edited 6 years ago)
My name is Casey and I've applied for the Visitor Attraction and Resort Management foundation course! I really want to go to Staff so I'm checking tracker 24/7 😩
Need a helping hand with applying to University? Our Application Experts, Phil and Ashley from Staffordshire University, are online on The Student Room, Facebook and Twitter now. Ask away!
Reply 50
Hi! I have a midwifery interview including a presentation which says we can't use written notes. Does this still allow us to use a powerpoint with some key points on it as a reminder?
Which course are you applying for? CGI and Visual Effects
Will you be moving away from home or staying local? Moving away
Are you nervous or excited about starting uni? Slightly nervous as I have to take care of myself but other than that, looking forward to it :smile:
When are you coming to meet us at an open day? In March yes :biggrin:

Btw, who is studying VFX?
Original post by myoung6
Hi! I have a midwifery interview including a presentation which says we can't use written notes. Does this still allow us to use a powerpoint with some key points on it as a reminder?

Hi,
I'll contact a member of the Midwifery team and try to get an answer for you as soon as possible.
Best wishes,
Shaun Kelley
Reply 53
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi,
I'll contact a member of the Midwifery team and try to get an answer for you as soon as possible.
Best wishes,
Shaun Kelley

Thank you so much!
Original post by myoung6

Hi,

Our Midwifery Course Leader, Traci Hudson has advised on the the Midwifery interview.

"The applicants do not do a formal presentation, they just discuss their artefact last year we decided to remove notes because some applicants were basically reading a script cut and pasted from elsewhere, as such it was difficult to assess their commitment and competence.

As such, a powerpoint would be unacceptable."

Hope this helps,

Best wishes, Shaun
Sent mine yesterday to study concept art for games and film however its just travel im worried about cause im coming from London. Also is there anything I need to bring for the interview when I eventually get a date for one?
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi,
Can you please confirm the number of access credits needed at merit/distinction to be accepted onto the ODP course? I received my conditional offer yesterday and it says 45 at merit, I didn't realise it was that high so I'm feeling a bit stressed!
Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SGuggs05
Sent mine yesterday to study concept art for games and film however its just travel im worried about cause im coming from London. Also is there anything I need to bring for the interview when I eventually get a date for one?

Hi @SGuggs05,

There is no formal interview for Concept Art for Games and Film, but if your application gets to the next stage you'll need to provide an eportfolio so that we can assess your work.

Were you worried about travelling from London for the interview, or just in general? There are plenty of trains from Euston to Stoke, taking as little as 1.5 hours or 3 hours for the slower, cheaper service. Our campus is right next to the train station, which is pretty handy!

If there's anything else we can help with, feel free to ask :smile:

^Katy
Original post by wannabeodp
Hi,
Can you please confirm the number of access credits needed at merit/distinction to be accepted onto the ODP course? I received my conditional offer yesterday and it says 45 at merit, I didn't realise it was that high so I'm feeling a bit stressed!
Thanks

Hi @wannabeodp,

The entry requirements for our ODP course from an Access award are to pass the Access to HE overall with 45 credits (level 3) at Merit and 15 Credits (level 2/3) at Achieved.

There are also GCSE requirements, DBS and Occupation Health checks to complete. It may be best to give our Enquiries Team a call if you want to clarify your offer on: 01782 294400.

Best of luck,
^Katy
Which course are you applying for? Psychology BSc (Hons) - Received an unconditional offer if I set to firm (staffs was always going to be my firm offer regardless) :h:
Will you be moving away from home or staying local? Staying at home - I already have my own flat :biggrin:
Are you nervous or excited about starting uni? I'm so nervous! but I can't wait to be there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending