The Student Room Group

Biology / Biomed: What are my options?

About to enter my third year of a Biology degree, I'm on track for a first. I really enjoy my degree so want to remain in education so I've been considering doing a masters degree.

Are there post-grad courses which don't involve lab work? I hate being in the lab but low the theoretical side of Biology, particularly the medical-based stuff. I'd want to go to a university in the south-east of England.

Any ideas?
Original post by LeaX
About to enter my third year of a Biology degree, I'm on track for a first. I really enjoy my degree so want to remain in education so I've been considering doing a masters degree.

Are there post-grad courses which don't involve lab work? I hate being in the lab but low the theoretical side of Biology, particularly the medical-based stuff. I'd want to go to a university in the south-east of England.

Any ideas?

It really depends on what you want to do and which parts of biology you enjoy. Bioinformatics is not lab based. You can also do stuff like structural biology which still has some lab based elements but you can spend more time modelling stuff and working with programs. Then you have things like science communication and things around policy which aren't directly science related. I would spend some time working out what you want to do rather than just jumping into another degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending