way to speed up the server Watch

This discussion is closed.
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
when topics have more than 1 page, have the option 2 just straight to page X rather than goin 2 page 1 then to the last page. would mean less pages opened

any1 else think this is a gud idea?
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good idea, but where would you be able to click on the button to take you to page X?
Pixelfairy #1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by andrew2022)
when topics have more than 1 page, have the option 2 just straight to page X rather than goin 2 page 1 then to the last page. would mean less pages opened

I've changed the settings for my account so more messages (40) are displayed per page
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by andrew2022)

I don't actually as it will clutter up the screen, even with a drop down list or something. Some threads have a lot of pages, the biggest has over 800.
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why don't you juist use the two little arrow things that take you to either the last post in the thread or the first post since you last looked at the thread.

MB
jpowell
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
On most forums, long threads have a little bar under each thread that says

1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 (assuming the thread has 9 pages, obviously it can be generalised to 1 2 3 ... n-2 n-1 n for threads of n pages). This gives you the ability to jump to pages, and you can immediately see how many pages a thread has.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That feature was included before the software was upgraded in april. Since then it hasn't been reenabled. When a thread has a huge number of pages it just listed the last few page numbers. It was probably removed due to drain on server.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise