The Student Room Group

Help gcse physics or chemistry ???

My friend is doing a one year gcse course and he's finding it difficult to choose one from chemistry and physics. He's not good at maths and he thinks chemistry can be easier than physics. Which is one of these is easy to do in one year ? Please send in your suggestions
(edited 6 years ago)
chemistry makes sense. Physics is just idk i stg its a different language.
It depends on the person
I personally loved chemistry especially organic
Physics to me is just applied maths, I did mechanics and people who did physics said it was literally like in of their topics
Reply 3
Do you need to be good at maths for physics? whats the difference between physics and chemistry ? Is it possible to complete it in one year?
Original post by rrr_000
Do you need to be good at maths for physics? whats the difference between physics and chemistry ? Is it possible to complete it in one year?

GCSE chem i managed to do it in 2 weeks and got an A* ayeeee but the new GCSE may differ.
I would rather do maths for the rest of my life then physics . Learning how light shines into our window is not interesting.
Physics calculations is something i love though - the theory is just stupid. I don't know why but when i do calculations in general i get hella excited when i get the answer right.
Reply 7
is it just basic calculations in physics ? is chemistry all about memorizing ?
Does your friend know what they want to do afterwards, such as A Levels/Uni? If they really don't need Physics for their next steps then I guesssss they shouldn't pick it..but the skills you gain in Physics (aside from the content) I'd personally say are better than Chemistry. But I am biased 😂

Quick Reply

Latest