The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

University of Chichester 2018 Applicants

Hey guys,

Are you thinking of applying to Chichester for 2018? This thread is a chance to chat with others and ask any questions about the University.

To get the discussion going fill out the following:
Course:
Undergraduate/Postgraduate:
Offer made?:
Are you coming to an open day?:
Any questions?:

Good luck with your application!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Course: Acting BA(Hons)
Undergraduate
BBC

What are the societies like?
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
Original post by Sorry16
Course: Acting BA(Hons)
Undergraduate
BBC

What are the societies like?

Hi!

Joining a society at Chi Uni is one of the best ways on meeting new people with similar interests and trying something new!

We have over 40 different societies run by our Students Union including Acting, Slam Poetry, Musical Theatre, Female Empowerment, Film and many more! Check out the SU website for more details: https://www.ucsu.org/societies/su_societies/

If there is a society that you're interested in but isn't already made then as long as you have 2 other people you can create your own!

If you have any more questions, please ask!
Is anyone applying or received an offer for the Sports Media course?
Does the university hold halls of residence events to meet people?
Original post by Olivia Eckworth
Does the university hold halls of residence events to meet people?

Hi Olivia!

We do indeed! Our wonderful accommodation team put on a host of social events throughout the week to help people meet others.

Our students' union also run a activity/event packed freshers week with lots of different day and night events - in previous years they've had free coffee mornings, beach party, silent disco, free pizza, movie nights and many more events! There is a Freshers Fair in the middle of the week which you can get lots of freebies and sign up to different sports clubs/societies.

You'll also be able to meet current students as the Students' Union run a freshers crew/welcome reps system to help you move in and settle in over your first few weeks.

To see what the SU have to offer click here www.ucsu.org

If you have any more questions then ask away!
Hiya,
I have an offer for 112 points for History and have booked to do an applicant day. Has anyone got any ideas on what the mini-lectures cover? I'm very nervous even for an applicant day and would love to pre-read on topics so if I'm asked any questions I can have an idea of what to say rather then freezing. And also I could maybe use it to come up with a conversation to have with the lecturer afterwards.
Original post by student1144
Hiya,
I have an offer for 112 points for History and have booked to do an applicant day. Has anyone got any ideas on what the mini-lectures cover? I'm very nervous even for an applicant day and would love to pre-read on topics so if I'm asked any questions I can have an idea of what to say rather then freezing. And also I could maybe use it to come up with a conversation to have with the lecturer afterwards.

Hi!

Which date will you be visiting us? :smile:

The Visit Day for History can be broken down into:
1. Welcome and overview lecture
2. Campus tour
3. Presentation on degree content and life at Chichester
4. Q&A's - any questions/queries that you may have!

There is nothing to worry about, you won't be tested and questioned on your knowledge rather than given more information on what student life is like, what you'll cover in your years here as a student and invited to ask questions if you have any!

All staff and students are extremely friendly here and will make you feel extremely welcome! It is more of a chance for you to get to know the campus and picture yourself as a student at Chichester!

If you have any more questions about the Offer Holder Visit Day ahead of your visit then please don't be afraid to ask! :smile:
On the offer holder day, where do you need to go when you arrive?
Hi Olivia,

You'll need to arrive to the Bishop Otter Campus, once you arrive head towards the Academic Building which is the giant white building as you come onto campus, there will be sign posts and student ambassadors on hand to guide you to where you need to be! :smile:
Course: History and Creative Writing
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate
Offer made?: unconditional🎉🎉
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Course: History and Creative Writing
Offer made?: unconditional🎉🎉

Hi,

Congratulations!

Have you booked onto one of our offer-holder visit days? We have one coming up on the 10th March, it's a great way to get a feel of what it would be like as a student here, you'll get a campus tour, meet current students and meet those who will be in the same year as you when you start in September! If you're interested then make sure to email [email protected] to book your place and get more information!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Hello , I am a french student who will be attending the university of Chichester next year and I would like to know if european students are guaranteed a place in the university accomodations ? thank you.
Reply 13
Course: Media and communication
Offer made?: unconditional
Are you coming to an open day?: already been!

Just accepted my unconditional offer for media and communication and can't wait to start studying with you in September!

Freya x
Original post by University of Chichester
Hey guys,

Are you thinking of applying to Chichester for 2018? This thread is a chance to chat with others and ask any questions about the University.

To get the discussion going fill out the following:
Course: Acting BA
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer made?:Y
Are you coming to an open day?:Y
Any questions?:
Hello,
Does anyone have an example of the BA acting course timetable? Or know of a thread in which i can ask for one? Just looking into student finance and deciding whether it is worth me living in Chichester or Portsmouth.
Original post by oaristys
Hello , I am a french student who will be attending the university of Chichester next year and I would like to know if european students are guaranteed a place in the university accomodations ? thank you.

Hi,

Congratulations on your place!

If you have made Chichester your first choice then you are guaranteed a place in University Accommodation! If you have any further questions about Accommodation then visit our website or email [email protected]
Original post by brooksf
Course: Media and communication
Offer made?: unconditional
Are you coming to an open day?: already been!

Just accepted my unconditional offer for media and communication and can't wait to start studying with you in September!

Freya x

Congratulations on your unconditional offer Freya, we can't wait for you to study with us either!
Course: Football Coaching and Performance Undergraduate Are there many sports club at the uni? And does accommodation booking open on the 11th or 12th of may?Thanks
Hi!

I accepted my place at the beginning of March and I haven’t received any contact from the university, is that normal??
Original post by SIonthomas99
Course: Football Coaching and Performance Undergraduate Are there many sports club at the uni? And does accommodation booking open on the 11th or 12th of may?Thanks

Hi,

We have over 44 sports teams through our Students' Union, you can have a look on the SU website for the different teams. There are also different ways to get involved within the sports clubs e.g. there are lots of coaching opportunities for students too!

As for Accommodation, you'll receive an email when the portal is ready for you to decide your choices. It's not first come first serve, so there is no rush to do it on the first day - but make sure not to leave it until the last minute in case you forget!

If you have any more questions, give us a shout!

Quick Reply