The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

University of Chichester 2018 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlie.Weld
Hi!

I accepted my place at the beginning of March and I haven’t received any contact from the university, is that normal??

Hi Charlie,

Please may you email [email protected] with your name and the course you're on to double check you're on our system? Sorry about this!
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
I emailed that address and have had no response
How many girls football teams are there at chichester? I enjoy playing but have only ever played at school level so know I won’t be in the first team but just wondered how many other teams there were.

Thanks
Original post by Olivia Eckworth
How many girls football teams are there at chichester? I enjoy playing but have only ever played at school level so know I won’t be in the first team but just wondered how many other teams there were.

Thanks

Hi Olivia,

All of our sports teams are run through our Students' Union, we have 2 BUCS football teams with the first team playing in the South Eastern Premier League (highest league in the South) and the second team playing two leagues below. There is also a development team for those who do not make the first two teams but still have the opportunity to play and train but it's more recreational. Attached to the football team is the ladies Futsal team which is a 5 aside indoor team and they're also in the South Eastern Premier League.

Last year the University was one of eight to become an FA Women's Football Centre of Excellence so there are also lots of opportunities to play, volunteer and coach!

If you have any more questions, ask away!
(edited 5 years ago)
Ok that’s great as I coach currently now.

Thanks
Reply 25
Original post by University of Chichester
Hey guys,

Are you thinking of applying to Chichester for 2018? This thread is a chance to chat with others and ask any questions about the University.

To get the discussion going fill out the following:
Course:
Undergraduate/Postgraduate:
Offer made?:
Are you coming to an open day?:
Any questions?:

Good luck with your application!

Course: Outdoor and Adventure Education
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer made?: Unconditional
Are you coming to an open day?: yes 30th June

A little nervous much older than most students at 42yr. Coming to Chichester University for a complete fresh start and start again in life after a tough year, felt it was the right time. My main worry at the moment is accommodation as Chichester is to become my new home. I need to find somewhere to live by August and then hand in my notice for my job and that of my current landlord.
Original post by Dre1976
Course: Outdoor and Adventure Education
Are you coming to an open day?: yes 30th June

A little nervous much older than most students at 42yr. Coming to Chichester University for a complete fresh start and start again in life after a tough year, felt it was the right time. My main worry at the moment is accommodation as Chichester is to become my new home. I need to find somewhere to live by August and then hand in my notice for my job and that of my current landlord.

Hi!

Everyone is very friendly and welcoming at Chichester regardless of your age and who you are. There are a variety of different activities that run throughout freshers week to include all different types of people, the Students' Union have a part-time Mature students' officer that can help support you throughout your time here. As for accommodation, our lovely accommodation team are very helpful and can help you find somewhere to live if you'd like to contact them on [email protected].

We can't wait to meet you on Open Day and for you to start with us in September!
Course: BMus Jazz Performance
Are you coming to an open day?: No
Any questions?: No

Hey guys, anyone want to make a group chat on facebook or something? Much easier to talk than on a forum :smile:
Course: Screenwriting
Any questions?: Hello :smile: Are there any groups on Facebook/TSR for Screenwriting at Chichester? Thank you.
Original post by Dan2014444
Course: Screenwriting
Any questions?: Hello :smile: Are there any groups on Facebook/TSR for Screenwriting at Chichester? Thank you.

Hi Dan,

Congratulations, not long now!

There will be an official Freshers' Facebook group to join very soon so we will make sure to post the link on here for you to add yourself too!
Original post by University of Chichester
Hi Dan,

Congratulations, not long now!

There will be an official Freshers' Facebook group to join very soon so we will make sure to post the link on here for you to add yourself too!

Thanks very much.
Reply 31
Join my group on Messenger by visiting: https://m.me/join/AbZLIwVl0Xrp4Uey
Original post by Dre1976
Join my group on Messenger by visiting: https://m.me/join/AbZLIwVl0Xrp4Uey

I'm starting undergraduate Screen Acting and Creative Technologies and will be living/studying on the Bognor Campus (Longbrook Hall, room 010), is that ground floor?
When do provisional timetables become available?
Hi Everyone,

Add yourself to the Official Freshers Facebook group to find your flatmates, others on your course and all the latest to do with Freshers Week: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UoCFreshers2018/
Course: Digital Film Production & Screenwriting
Offer made?: I haven't sent my UCAS application yet :colondollar:

Hello,
I just wanted to say hi to the other applicants to Chichester Uni for the 2019/20 academic year. I'm pretty sure that it will be my firm choice, but I cannot say anything before I sent my application. XD Anyone applying to this course (or other) this year?
Original post by AnnaMirjam

Hello,
I just wanted to say hi to the other applicants to Chichester Uni for the 2019/20 academic year. I'm pretty sure that it will be my firm choice, but I cannot say anything before I sent my application. XD Anyone applying to this course (or other) this year?

Hi Anna,

We are so happy that you're applying to us - if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask!
Original post by AnnaMirjam

Hello,

Hi Anna!

I've just completed some of the modules you'll be doing in first year - if you end up coming to Chichester. The lecturers for these subjects are really good. It's one of those courses that will be easier in 2nd/3rd year if you really work hard in 1st year to learn the basics of using Avid, working equipment etc. Most of our year group are still learning bits and pieces but it's a lot of fun.

It's the kind of university you should come to if you want to really learn and to get a decent career after graduating, but probably not the place to come if you're all about the social life.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by abbey5992
Hi Anna!

I've just completed some of the modules you'll be doing in first year - if you end up coming to Chichester. The lecturers for these subjects are really good. It's one of those courses that will be easier in 2nd/3rd year if you really work hard in 1st year to learn the basics of using Avid, working equipment etc. Most of our year group are still learning bits and pieces but it's a lot of fun.

Just to name-drop some people, we had Prince Harry & Megan visit a while ago... And next week we have Maisie Williams from Game of Thrones coming down.

It's the kind of university you should come to if you want to really learn and to get a decent career after graduating, but probably not the place to come if you're all about the social life.

Thank you very much for the information! Sounds really good and interesting. Hope I'll get my offer soon. I've just sent the application on Monday, so I'm trying to be not so impatient.

Quick Reply

Latest