ryukk
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing my Spanish GCSE further this year. Anyway, i want to improve my Spanish talking skills (it's not my first language btw) so does anyone have tips to improve talking Spanish skills? THANKS
justrevising
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miss_ambitious)
I'm doing my Spanish GCSE further this year. Anyway, i want to improve my Spanish talking skills (it's not my first language btw) so does anyone have tips to improve talking Spanish skills? THANKS

If you want to improve your speaking and listening it's essential you listen to spanish music, watch TV shows or movies in spanish (subtitles will help alot!). This wil help you
with pronunciation and for speaking it will make you sound more fluent.

For reading just encourage yourself to read newpapers or spanish headlines. This will help you pick up new vocabulary. Overall this will also help you to be as immersed as you could be(presuming that you don't live in spain). If you are very lucky you might know a Spanish native speaker or speaker in general that you can practise with. It's fun and interactive too while you learn more about the person. Or you could always strike up a conversation with the mfl staf. Speaking in spanish in Spanish lesons will help you to become used to ut all. For example uf the teacher gives you homework back just say 'Gracias!' etc. These little phrases will help you to become a little more comfortable to use your skill. Then you can build on it! Learning a language never stops! I'm learning things about my culture and language every day too!

With these you'd be more than able to get the top grade!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.77%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
13.21%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
15.09%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
11.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (21)
39.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (9)
16.98%

Watched Threads