The Student Room Group

Quiting on primark probationary period

So I currently work at Primark absolutely hate it there and so i've been offered places elsewhere with better paying options so i want to quit, thing is i have been working there for about 1 month now i've been told there was a 2 week notice period before leaving but is it longer if your on probationary period and how do you resign (first time) like do you just give a formal letter, whats the procedure. any help is appreciated.
Original post by sociolstudent
So I currently work at Primark absolutely hate it there and so i've been offered places elsewhere with better paying options so i want to quit, thing is i have been working there for about 1 month now i've been told there was a 2 week notice period before leaving but is it longer if your on probationary period and how do you resign (first time) like do you just give a formal letter, whats the procedure. any help is appreciated.

Shouldnt be any difference. If it says 2 weeks in your contract then its 2 weeks.
https://media.newjobs.com/cms/uken/seeker/resignation-letters/Resignation-Letter-Sample-Standard.pdf
https://www.thebalance.com/simple-letter-of-resignation-sample-2063060

As a shareholder of Primark, I am disappointed that your only motivation for working at Primark was money and you are willing to jump ship for the sake of a few extra pounds.

I will notify the board of directors (who work for me) of your termination. They will be happy to let you go.

Hey, you just need to write a letter and hand it in to one of the managers or the more office staff. In the letter you just need to let them know that you are leaving after your 2 week notice. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by justiceserved
As a shareholder of Primark, I am disappointed that your only motivation for working at Primark was money and you are willing to jump ship for the sake of a few extra pounds.

I will notify the board of directors (who work for me) of your termination. They will be happy to let you go.

Good luck with that :wink:
Original post by 12ksmith
Good luck with that :wink:

lol exactly right what did he even get from commenting that. :smile:
thank you to almost everyone for the reply's i just wrote my resignation letter.
lol exactly right what did he even get from commenting that. :smile:

Self importance I suppose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending