Universities that accept 2 A-Levels, 1 AS and an Extended Project (EPQ)? Watch

jemfay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So in year 12 I took AS French, psychology and biology. I didn't have an exam for French, and then in psychology I got a C and in biology I got a U. I hated biology from the start of year 12 so I don't know why I didn't drop it earlier. Now I'm in year 13 and I've dropped biology. I'm still doing A-Level French and psychology and this year I'm also doing AS media studies and an extended project. Does anyone know of any universities that would accept these qualifications, because so far the only one I know that accepts my qualifications is Nottingham Trent. Thanks!
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jemfay)
So in year 12 I took AS French, psychology and biology. I didn't have an exam for French, and then in psychology I got a C and in biology I got a U. I hated biology from the start of year 12 so I don't know why I didn't drop it earlier. Now I'm in year 13 and I've dropped biology. I'm still doing A-Level French and psychology and this year I'm also doing AS media studies and an extended project. Does anyone know of any universities that would accept these qualifications, because so far the only one I know that accepts my qualifications is Nottingham Trent. Thanks!
UCAS point recruiting ones.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What are your predicted grades and what would you like to study?
jemfay
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
What are your predicted grades and what would you like to study?
I'm predicted Bs for both psychology and French and then I'm hoping that I'd be able to get an A in media and the EPQ (which I think I can do). I'm thinking of doing a dual honours degree like French and media or French + something else.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm predicted Bs for both psychology and French and then I'm hoping that I'd be able to get an A in media and the EPQ (which I think I can do). I'm thinking of doing a dual honours degree like French and media or French + something else.
Are you happy to consider foundation years?
jemfay
Rep:
?
Are you happy to consider foundation years?
Yeah that'd be fine if I have to do that to get onto a course
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah that'd be fine if I have to do that to get onto a course
it seems like swansea would accept you without doing a foundation year http://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergradua...ts=is-expanded , bangor accept point from an as https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/und...h#requirements and you have enough points for canterbury christ church, if you do a ucas course search you'll probably find more options
jemfay
Rep:
?
it seems like swansea would accept you without doing a foundation year http://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergradua...ts=is-expanded , bangor accept point from an as https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/und...h#requirements and you have enough points for canterbury christ church, if you do a ucas course search you'll probably find more options
Thanks for the help!
GamingAnonymous
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Plymouth University only asks for 2 A Levels for a bunch of courses.
maciemcmanus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know this is an old thread but just wondered if anyone could confirm that NTU will accept the 2 A levels AS and EPQ, thanks!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads