The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zezno
looooooooooool studied islam for 5 years

- doesn't know basic qur'an verses

- didn't know that we as muslims aren't able to judge who goes to hell

loooooooooooooooooooooool

Loooooooooooooooooool

It's okay man if she's happy then leave her init.

Anaka I would still treat you the same no matter what :smile:
you should definitely check out reddit's r/exmuslim sub :h: there's many like minded individuals there, who won't try to belittle nor invalidate your experiences. Stay safe and I'm glad you're finally happy :smile:
Reply 22
At the end of the day - do what is right/best for you. You are the one who's going to live your life, noone else.

You can't control who you find desirable.

If you are going to tell your parents - be prepared, have a plan ABC. & realise you might face a larger backlash than other people coming out to parents.

Don't believe everything you read about religious texts - its all based on interpretation anyway.
OP just wondering are you ever gonna tell ur parents about this if you haven't already (if you did, what were their reactions?)
im in a similar situation with extremely fundie christian parents :/
WHERE HAS THIS GONE. WHERE IS THE LOVE. WHETHER YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN,JEW ,MUSLIM ,ATHEIST (YOU GET THE IDEA) JUST LEARN TO AT LEAST RESPECT EVERYONE'S OPINION. YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN A RELIGION, COOL. YOU LEFT A RELIGION,COOL. IF SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH WHAT SOMEONE HAS SAID THERE'S NO POINT IN HAVING A 2 PAGE ARGUEMENT, LETS GET BACK TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC. you get me fam

my question to the OP is: How is education/if you are in education going atm?
Okey doke, it appears that several members here are confused by what this forum is for. Faith & Spirituality has strictly, since its inception, adhered to a policy of 'no debating whatsoever'. However much this makes you cry, it doesn't really bother me. There's a perfectly good 'Religion' forum, located here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=61 that you can use.

To those claiming that they 'don't care about the OP' and are simply stamping their feet at other members, a couple of things. Firstly, have some respect for the OP. This is not your thread to derail how you see fit. You will adhere to the site rules, as well as afford the OP basic courtesy. Secondly, as I've mentioned, any form of debate will simply be moved to the Religion section, so I'd quite appreciate if you simply took it elsewhere, rather than making staff like myself waste time removing 119 posts again.

Finally, to those simply insulting the OP, or posting snide remarks, these are unnecessary and childish. Whatever your view on the OP's journey, it is just that, their journey. If you've nothing good to post, simply don't post it. And if you do, it will just be removed, I don't really mind lending a helping hand in that respect.

As ever, any complaints you wish to make, go to Ask a CT, thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

I'm trademarking that lol!
Reply 27
Original post by Anaka
Had bacon in June, didn't like it.

Sacrilege.
Reply 28
Original post by justanotherchica
that sums up how I felt after I left :smile:

Read your comment as 'that sums up how I felt after I felt.' Was pretty confused for a few seconds, lol

Latest

Trending

Trending