The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

getting a unirider?

i'm thinking of getting a unirider but i'm not sure how it works. Does it come as a ticket and i'll need to show my uni id card alongside the ticket? or do i need to put a picture on the ticket?

I've also noticed students around me have their tickets in this blue wallet, where do i get that? or does that come with the ticket?

also what is the difference between the unirider and the weekly smartcard?
The unirider works out MUCH cheaper than getting a weekly ticket.

There is no picture on the ticket, but they write your name on it when you buy it. You have to show your uni ID every tie you use it.

...And the blue wallet comes with it.

The difference is DEFINITELY the price. You will save a LOT of £££
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Thing is, it might be "cheaper" but not everyone can afford to fork out £220 off the bat.

The price of a uni rider is the same as getting 27 weekly tickets. I mean, at least for now I'm gonna have to stick to weekly until the Uni Grant comes in then maybe in January I will get a 2 season ticket.
(edited 6 years ago)
I bought a 'term one' Uni rider because I couldn't afford a whole year ticket off the bat either (£235 is a massive outlay!) as I only get the lower amount of SF and have other costs to consider (I don't work so SF is literally my only "income"), but £110 for a ticket that lasts until the end of December is better that buying eleven or twelve megariders.

I'm then going to buy a term two&three ticket for £145 in January, simply because it currently makes more financial sense for me to do so. But buying a megarider every week is ridiculous.

Then again, I do live in Stockport, so I kind of need a bus pass.
Reply 4
Original post by Jennim
i'm thinking of getting a unirider but i'm not sure how it works. Does it come as a ticket and i'll need to show my uni id card alongside the ticket? or do i need to put a picture on the ticket?

I've also noticed students around me have their tickets in this blue wallet, where do i get that? or does that come with the ticket?

also what is the difference between the unirider and the weekly smartcard?

Actually, is there really a need for the unirider? There is a free shuttle service (147) within the university area. So I think it may be redundant to get this unirider. Can consider getting the railcard ! I gotten that and used it for getting train tickets at a cheaper rate ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending