The Student Room Group

Enough experience for adult nursing??

Hiya I am going to be applying soon for adult nursing 2018 entry and was wondering whether the following is enough to get in:
- week-long healthcare work experience in which I visited 2 hospitals and sat in on patient consultations.
-volunteering at a care home for just over a year (still ongoing)
-volunteering at a YMCA charity shop (not nursing related but heard volunteering for charity can show your caring abilities)
Please let me know, thanks :smile:
yes plenty. and well done
Original post by xxKristenxx
Hiya I am going to be applying soon for adult nursing 2018 entry and was wondering whether the following is enough to get in:
- week-long healthcare work experience in which I visited 2 hospitals and sat in on patient consultations.
-volunteering at a YMCA charity shop (not nursing related but heard volunteering for charity can show your caring abilities)

Sounds great. The ymca charity shop experience will also show your other skills like team work, communication and organisation which will look good in your personal statement.
Good luck with your application.
Original post by xxKristenxx

That should be fine, you have a good range there. The important thing is how you talk about these in your personal statement. If you check out my signature below, you'll find the nursing and allied health PS guidance which will explain the sort of things you should be drawing from when you are discussing your experiences.
Original post by Charlotte's Web
That should be fine, you have a good range there. The important thing is how you talk about these in your personal statement. If you check out my signature below, you'll find the nursing and allied health PS guidance which will explain the sort of things you should be drawing from when you are discussing your experiences.

Thank you so much for the useful links, they will help me a lot <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending