The Student Room Group

Sports facilities at KCL & ULU

I am moving into Stamford Street Apartments (oh my, in 2 weeks!!) and part of the goodness about the place was the proximity of the gym.. However, I also do quite a bit of swimming as well so am most likely going to go to ULU for that.

I've been investigating, and I definitely want to join the energy base place at ULU.. The pool looks nice (bigger than what i'm used to at least!) and the gym seems to have pretty good facilities. Anyway, my question is - is the ULU stuff entirely separate from the KCL K4 centre on stamford street? Because there's no way i'm paying for both of them when i can just go up to malet st for the gym, but it would be kind of luxurious to have a gym that close.... :confused:
Reply 1
Anyway, my question is - is the ULU stuff entirely separate from the KCL K4 centre on stamford street?

Yes.
Reply 2
Even though I am at UCL now, I would just like to state that I think it so unfair that UCL and SOAS are located in such close proximity to these facilities. And more generally, I am annoyed that all ULU facilities are based at ULU.

In my undergrad days, going to ULU was more of an outing than a local convenience.

If they really reperesent the interests of all unis, why not base some of their stuff at/in other london unis.

(Just an idealistic general moan, not any expectations for change).

Latest