I dont know if i should change sixth form

Watch
A*mediastudent
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My sixth form isn't doing ICT or Computer Science as there is only one teacher and I really want to do ICT but I had no choice to pick business. Now my problem is I dont really like business and wanna change sixth form but every other sixth form has no dress code and my ma just spent a bunch of money on suits and i dont wanna waste her money and im scared that i wont like it and will want to go back to my old sixth fom which wold be very annoying for my parents as they get irritated at stuff like this. Furthermore if i do change schools im very scared of saying goobye to my friends and making new ones.
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just to let you know ICT is no longer available in England and is going from Wales in 2021 (I believe) so ICT will be become useless and is known for being easy and that's why it's being removed
BadAtBiology
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you still have the receipts? Maybe you could return the suits?

Don't stay doing something you don't enjoy - that's a fast track route to being miserable and getting really bad results to boot. You can't faff around with A levels, if you're not passionate about the subject, then the likelihood that you won't do as well as you could do skyrockets.
A*mediastudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reece.W.J)
Just to let you know ICT is no longer available in England and is going from Wales in 2021 (I believe) so ICT will be become useless and is known for being easy and that's why it's being removed
What?, Isn't ICT kind of vital in today's society in the sense that we live in a very technological advanced world. Learning ICT could open a lot of doors and is useful.
A*mediastudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by BadAtBiology)
Do you still have the receipts? Maybe you could return the suits?

Don't stay doing something you don't enjoy - that's a fast track route to being miserable and getting really bad results to boot. You can't faff around with A levels, if you're not passionate about the subject, then the likelihood that you won't do as well as you could do skyrockets.
No i dont have the receipts unfortunately.
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A*mediastudent)
What?, Isn't ICT kind of vital in today's society in the sense that we live in a very technological advanced world. Learning ICT could open a lot of doors and is useful.
'Our regulator Ofqual currently state that, with the exception of re-sits, the last time students will be able to sit exams in ICT will be in summer 2017 (AS level) and summer 2018 (A-level).'

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/compu...echnology-2520

The last AS exams were this year and the last A2 exams will be next year, you can't be entered as a new candidate.
A*mediastudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glassapple)
'Our regulator Ofqual currently state that, with the exception of re-sits, the last time students will be able to sit exams in ICT will be in summer 2017 (AS level) and summer 2018 (A-level).'

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/compu...echnology-2520

The last AS exams were this year and the last A2 exams will be next year, you can't be entered as a new candidate.
oh.... (a tear rolls down my cheek) well thanks...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (193)
14.31%
I'm not sure (60)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.13%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.74%
I'm not a current university student (666)
49.37%

Watched Threads