Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Someone thinks my girlfriend is too young for me...? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I met my girlfriend online, I'm 18 and she's 15, I know the rules and am not considering anything sexual or anything, I live with my friend and his mum is very concerned about it, she thinks it's weird, that my girlfriend is not trustworthy and that I shouldn't go out with her, however her parents approve of me and have everything under control, and I'm 18 so it's my life, I met her for the first time just over a week ago, nothing went wrong, I had a great time, and now my friend's mum is suddenly saying she might report me to the police for going out with her....do you think that she is going over the top, I mean as long as I don't break any rules, there's nothing to be concerned about right?

ReputationRep:
    It's only 3 years but the difference in maturity between a 15 year old and 18 year old is massive. But, as long as nothing sexual is happening, your friend's mum has nothing to report you over.

ReputationRep:
    the maturity difference is huge, i know its only 3 years but there is a psychological difference. as long as you keep it safe and legal, there should be nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    If you think abt it 3y isnt that deep but its pretty deep when shes FIFTEEN and it kind of raises questions like why you cant get a girl your own age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Lol paedo you like 15 year old girls.
    Not the first time I've heard someone on TSR go for underage girls who are 3 years younger than him :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Do you're basically at uni she she's just started gcse?
    Age difference not big but stages in life is.

ReputationRep:
    Set a reminder for 1 year from now mate and leave it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    Not the first time I've heard someone on TSR go for underage girls who are 3 years younger than him :rolleyes:
    mayne why'd you remind me of that :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dordof)
    I met my girlfriend online, I'm 18 and she's 15, I know the rules and am not considering anything sexual or anything, I live with my friend and his mum is very concerned about it, she thinks it's weird, that my girlfriend is not trustworthy and that I shouldn't go out with her, however her parents approve of me and have everything under control, and I'm 18 so it's my life, I met her for the first time just over a week ago, nothing went wrong, I had a great time, and now my friend's mum is suddenly saying she might report me to the police for going out with her....do you think that she is going over the top, I mean as long as I don't break any rules, there's nothing to be concerned about right?

realistically unless you've had sex you have nothing to worry about.

If you've had sex and she admits it to the police then there's a possibility the CPS might come after you ....but at 18 and 15 it's a bit borderline and might not be deemed in the public interest........

ReputationRep:
    There's a big difference between life at 18 and life at 15. I remember when I was 15 and girls our age would be dating 18 year old guys and it wouldn't seem weird but then when I was 18 and guys our age were dating 15 year old girls it seemed very weird and creepy. We'd be going out to clubs and applying for unis and that, and they'd be trying to get people outside Tesco to buy them a bottle of White Ace and only just starting their GCSEs. I know 18 is hardly mature but 15 year olds are seriously still kids.

ReputationRep:
    How do you even like that species, especially nowadays, I find a lot of them really annoying, they act like they're all it 😂
    Some are alright tho ngl, but majority are just stuck up little brats

ReputationRep:
    You are 18. You are not a child anymore. You are legally an adult. She is 15. She is not an adult, she is a teenager. If you really want to be with her then wait three years and see if you both really love each other.

You already know this. You don't need us to remind you. You need us to justify it, and you won't get that here. If it's worth it, you'll both be fine with waiting.

ReputationRep:
    She's very mature for her age and we just have a real connection, it's different to how you might think it is.

ReputationRep:
    'Mature for her age' or not, that's creepy. Whether you realise it or not, there's a power imbalance there, which makes it fundamentally unhealthy, legality aside. I remember when I was fifteen, and girls were going out with 18 year olds or whatever, and it was always the girls that were, err, how to put it, 'troubled' in one way or another.

Plus, regardless of whatever the actual situation is, you're putting yourself in a very compromising position. If it's already established that you're together, and everyone knows, it'd be so, so, so easy for her to say you put your hand up her skirt one time, and your life would be ruined. In my humble opinion, it's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    She's very mature for her age and we just have a real connection, it's different to how you might think it is.
    Just don't be surprised if people your age and hers find you to be a creep. I rememver when I was 15 and would always find it so weird and perverted when I saw 15 year old girls getting moved to by sixth formers, and now I'm 19 and I don't know any 18 year old who would dream to be associated with a 15 year old child.
    But if you don't care then do you 🤷🏾*♀️

ReputationRep:
    How do you even find 15 year old girls attractive they are still going through puberty ? Thats just so wrong on so many levels

You have issues

ReputationRep:
    Unless you do anything sexual, you can't actually report someone.. at the end of the day you could be friends. Not exactly the same but I kissed someone who was 18 recently... and well yeah, that was weird for me but tbh I liked it and I'm 23! It doesn't matter the age, only matters how you feel. I get her concerns due to her still being under 16 but it's up to you both what you do with your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Jailbait. Steer clear.

I was 15 (year 11), my ex boyfriend was 18 (year 13) when we got into a relationship. So, it was only two years. I was too to start A Levels in September and he was going to university.

He wanted to ask me out before, but then got fed up of waiting :lol: that's because my birthday falls late.. End of June!

So he asked me out in May, next month I was 16 so no big deal

Is your girlfriend in year 11 or 10?

If it's 10, oh jheeze. 11 isn't so bad I guess but not that great.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.