The Student Room Group

Someone thinks my girlfriend is too young for me...?

Scroll to see replies

its bad to fancy kids bro
you are still classed as teenagers so I think its okay however you are classed as an adult as thats what being 18 is all about. Shes still a minor and in the eyes of the law not an adult, cannot drink etc. As for the sexual side I think you need to be patient till shes at least 17. You are the adult so do not engage in sexual situations with a minor. If she is wanting I would explain what I have just told you or in fact tell her mother about it. Do not do it behind her mothers back or it could go tits-up.
Original post by ANM775
realistically unless you've had sex you have nothing to worry about.

If you've had sex and she admits it to the police then there's a possibility the CPS might come after you ....but at 18 and 15 it's a bit borderline and might not be deemed in the public interest........

Unless OP is someone who is repeatedly going around sleeping with underage girls, there's no way the CPS would be interested in this case
Original post by ANM775
lol, I think you're actually projecting here and you are in fact the dense one.

part of your argument put forward was flawed and poorly worded, what about that are you struggling to comprehend.

and no, I never said an 18 year old should be in a relationship with a 13 year old or implied that, I said if he hasn't done anything sexual then he has nothing to worry about in terms of the police and that at ages 15 and 18 it is probably borderline the cps would actually try and prosecute if there was sexual activity [which is true]

Yes, the CPS would definitely prosecute if there were sexual activity between an 18 year old and a 15 year old. Anymore obvious s*** you want to point out?

He is an adult and she is not. She is a teenager. Your argument is the fact that 'eighteen' has 'teen' in it, however you completely disregard the fact that he is held at the esteem of an adult. Yes, he is a teenager. No s*** Sherlock. But he's also an adult. She is a teenager and she isn't not an adult.

So instead of acting like an idiot and being all "hurr durr he's a teenager too! That means your argument is invalid!" Try acting like you've got an ounce of brains and give an actual argument instead of pointing out the obvious and ignoring actual points like a child.
It's calm, you can bang her next year.
Reply 45
Original post by Light Lobotomy
Yes, the CPS would definitely prosecute if there were sexual activity between an 18 year old and a 15 year old. Anymore obvious s*** you want to point out?

He is an adult and she is not. She is a teenager. Your argument is the fact that 'eighteen' has 'teen' in it, however you completely disregard the fact that he is held at the esteem of an adult. Yes, he is a teenager. No s*** Sherlock. But he's also an adult. She is a teenager and she isn't not an adult.

So instead of acting like an idiot and being all "hurr durr he's a teenager too! That means your argument is invalid!" Try acting like you've got an ounce of brains and give an actual argument instead of pointing out the obvious and ignoring actual points like a child.

the CPS would not "definitely prosecute"in that situation, ...on the very post before yours someone posted their opinion on it which completely differs from yours ....and also I remember coming across a few topics on netmum's a few years ago of angry mothers venting because they had reported 18 and 19 year olds for sleeping with their underaged daughters and the police were not doing anything about it.

so get your facts straight..........

and no, I didn't actually come in this topic to argue over this. I just pointed out the flaw in your argument you put forward.

If you still can't see that ...I wouldn't like to be on your team in any kind of important debate...............
Original post by Dordof
I met my girlfriend online, I'm 18 and she's 15, I know the rules and am not considering anything sexual or anything, I live with my friend and his mum is very concerned about it, she thinks it's weird, that my girlfriend is not trustworthy and that I shouldn't go out with her, however her parents approve of me and have everything under control, and I'm 18 so it's my life, I met her for the first time just over a week ago, nothing went wrong, I had a great time, and now my friend's mum is suddenly saying she might report me to the police for going out with her....do you think that she is going over the top, I mean as long as I don't break any rules, there's nothing to be concerned about right?

Stop Being Silly
Reply 47
Original post by Anonymous
I was 15 (year 11), my ex boyfriend was 18 (year 13) when we got into a relationship. So, it was only two years. I was too to start A Levels in September and he was going to university.

He wanted to ask me out before, but then got fed up of waiting :lol: that's because my birthday falls late.. End of June!

So he asked me out in May, next month I was 16 so no big deal :smile:

its not all about you, this guy has a problem and you're here giving an anecdote!!! smh
Reply 48
Original post by Dordof
I met my girlfriend online, I'm 18 and she's 15, I know the rules and am not considering anything sexual or anything, I live with my friend and his mum is very concerned about it, she thinks it's weird, that my girlfriend is not trustworthy and that I shouldn't go out with her, however her parents approve of me and have everything under control, and I'm 18 so it's my life, I met her for the first time just over a week ago, nothing went wrong, I had a great time, and now my friend's mum is suddenly saying she might report me to the police for going out with her....do you think that she is going over the top, I mean as long as I don't break any rules, there's nothing to be concerned about right?

you my friend are a paedophile
you fvcking pedo
Original post by ANM775
the CPS would not "definitely prosecute"in that situation, ...on the very post before yours someone posted their opinion on it which completely differs from yours ....and also I remember coming across a few topics on netmum's a few years ago of angry mothers venting because they had reported 18 and 19 year olds for sleeping with their underaged daughters and the police were not doing anything about it.

and no, I didn't actually come in this topic to argue over this. I just pointed out the flaw in your argument you put forward.

If you still can't see that ...I wouldn't like to be on your team in any kind of important debate...............

Lmao, your sources are an opinion of a user who posted before me and some threads on Netmums? In England, the age of consent is 16 under the Sexual Offences Act 2003. If TC has sex with his 15 year old girlfriend, he will be fined or cautioned and put on the sex offenders register for 2 years. Any further sexual activities between him and underage girls will result in prosecution.

If you want to debate, use actual sources rather than some posts you found on Netmums. Oh, and your argument is still based on the fact that "eighteen" has 'teen' in the word.

Grow up.
Original post by ANM775

Eighteen is legally an adult. It having eighTEEN in of is irrelevant from a legal position. Now go be stupid somewhere else.
Original post by Dordof

She's 15 years old and you're 18. That alone is a red flag.

You have to be very careful of what you do with this girl, otherwise you'll land yourself in a deep end with the law.

Why do you want to put yourself in a difficult situation, when there are PLENTY of 18+ women out there that you are compatible with?

What's the rush anyway?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Light Lobotomy
Lmao, your sources are an opinion of a user who posted before me and some threads on Netmums? In England, the age of consent is 16 under the Sexual Offences Act 2003. If TC has sex with his 15 year old girlfriend, he will be fined or cautioned and put on the sex offenders register for 2 years. Any further sexual activities between him and underage girls will result in prosecution.

If you want to debate, use actual sources rather than some posts you found on Netmums. Oh, and your argument is still based on the fact that "eighteen" has 'teen' in the word.

Grow up.

listen, with that kind of age gap ...it is far from definite the CPS will prosecute and i've noticed quite a few real life examples where they haven't which has angered the mothers. You obviously know very little about real life application and enforcement of the law.

here's a law for you

"All English males over the age of 14 are to carry out two hours of longbow practice every week, supervised by the local clergy. "

This law still actually exists today yet no one is ever punished or reprimanded for it.

The CPS mainly go after people where it is deemed in the public interest in regards to sleeping with underaged persons, ...like a 25 year old sleeping with a 15 year old, ...with an 18 year old in many cases they just turn a blind eye due to there not being a huge age gap

and I think i'll it leave it there with you and move on. You're obviously too dense for anything of this to actually sink in .. and I have more interesting things to do than to argue with a plank of wood......

good day to you...........
simple solution be friends only go out with other people if your going out. not every 18 year old is a child molester. keep it light until she is 16 at least. there is no rush at either of those two ages. if you have girls families trust dont abuse it.
Original post by ANM775
listen, with that kind of age gap ...it is far from definite the CPS will prosecute and i've noticed quite a few real life examples where they haven't which has angered the mothers. You obviously know very little about real life application and enforcement of the law.

here's a law for you

"All English males over the age of 14 are to carry out two hours of longbow practice every week, supervised by the local clergy. "

This law still actually exists today yet no one is ever punished or reprimanded for it.

The CPS mainly go after people where it is deemed in the public interest in regards to sleeping with underaged persons, ...like a 25 year old sleeping with a 15 year old, ...with an 18 year old in many cases they just turn a blind eye due to there not being a huge age gap

and I think i'll it leave it there with you and move on. You're obviously too dense for anything of this to actually sink in .. and I have more interesting things to do than to argue with a plank of wood......

good day to you...........

Lmao, you're seriously comparing sex with underage children to longbow practice? I think that says it all, don't you?
Reply 56
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Eighteen is legally an adult. It having eighTEEN in of is irrelevant from a legal position. Now go be stupid somewhere else.

listen , go back and actually read the point I was making about the weak wording he used to support his argument

I can't be bothered going over this again.........
Original post by ANM775
listen , go back and actually read the point I was making about the weak wording he used to support his argument

I can't be bothered going over this again.........

I've read it. His argument was fine. Yours however, is ****.
Reply 58
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I've read it. His argument was fine. Yours however, is ****.

Take a trip to specsavers and then go read it again
Original post by ANM775
Take a trip to specsavers and then go read it again

Extract your head from your anus before you reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending