Might be a bit annoying during late night activities, no? :eek:
mobb_theprequel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Might be a bit annoying during late night activities, no? :eek:
That ladder just screams: "Break Me!", or alternatively, "Break some of your limbs and your computer, when you fall off me after a drunken night out!".

If you don't plan on drinking or taking people back (and if your co-ordination is always up to scratch) - the bed's okay.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Couldn't be doing with a bed like that myself, but if you're alright with that particular style, then that one looks fine, in my opinion.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mobb_theprequel)
That ladder just screams: "Break Me!", or alternatively, "Break some of your limbs and your computer, when you fall off me after a drunken night out!".

If you don't plan on drinking or taking people back (and if your co-ordination is always up to scratch) - the bed's okay.
With you all the way man.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Couldn't be doing with a bed like that myself, but if you're alright with that particular style, then that one looks fine, in my opinion.
I guess its good for someone who uses it in a practical manner etc, but for a student, (average student), it may not be such a good idea.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How tall are you? Cos if you're anything over about 5'4-5'5, you'll probs be too long for it.
mobb_theprequel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
How tall are you? Cos if you're anything over about 5'4-5'5, you'll probs be too long for it.
Hehe, I've just noticed this...

"Top bunk not recommended for children under 6 years of age."

Is the ladder tall?!
mobb_theprequel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
I think it says that on most bunk beds.
Isn't there an implication that it's a children's bed?
mobb_theprequel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mmm, I think it's for anyone really, my sister has a bunk bed and it says something about young children being advised not to use the top bunk.
Fair enough.

For the record, I've never slept in a remotely comfortable bunk bed - and I've slept in three.
mobb_theprequel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ahh, for those activities, a bunk bed isn't advisable.
I won't respond to this.
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nice but just remember that it might be difficult to get into it when you're drunk at night.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had a bed like that for college last year. It saved room for my roommate and I, but I would never want one otherwise.
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My little sister has one like that, she's only 13 and finds that she is getting too big for it! It'd prob be ok if you're small (e.g <5ft5) but you should buy a better mattress than the one it is supplied with.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
seems like a kiddies bed to me; and problematic when you think about grownup activities usually associated with beds.
Prostitute
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if dats one of de places ur happy to lose ur virginity ..innit :eek:
marabara
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well, its not like he's got much choice if he's living in a boxroom

as for getting jiggy with it, he is at his parents so am guessing there won't be a lot of opportunities anyway and he can use the other half's bed
innercitylife
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would not say that those beds are strong enough to support two people! Me and a mate crashed on his bed one night after a party and the moment one of us moved we heard the boards breaking. And neither of us is very heavy. I spent the night kinda tipped down the edge of a bed, getting poked by the wooden slats. It wasn't comfy! And was fairly precarious, I must say. Hit my head on the ceiling everytime I tried to get up, too.

Good as space saving, just make sure it's a very sturdy bed if you're going to get one. Reinforce it if you plan for guests
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd pull the mattress onto the floor if you're expecting guests MUCH safer
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads