Turn on thread page Beta

Speech and language therapy 2018 entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samowen86)
    Thank you, how about yourself? X
    I've got UEA, Birmingham City, London City and Leicester but Reading is the one I want to go to and the one I'm pretty sure I screwed up 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutumnSummers)
    I've got UEA, Birmingham City, London City and Leicester but Reading is the one I want to go to and the one I'm pretty sure I screwed up 😂
    Fingers crossed for you. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samowen86)
    Fingers crossed for you. X
    Thank you! good luck to you too x

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! good luck to you too x
    Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for Leeds or Newcastle? X

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips for the interview with BCU. I know you can’t give away specifics but I was just wondering how you prepare for the written part of the interview? I have no idea what to expect from that aspect of the interview. Mines on Thursday so I’d really appreciate some help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harriet__c)
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips for the interview with BCU. I know you can’t give away specifics but I was just wondering how you prepare for the written part of the interview? I have no idea what to expect from that aspect of the interview. Mines on Thursday so I’d really appreciate some help!
    Hi, I interviewed at BCU a while back and got an unconditional, for the written part I would say just pay attention, be clear and it should be fine! I didn't actually prepare, I don't think many did because nobody really knew what u expect. It's not really something you can prepare for beforehand, more in-the-moment. Good luck for your interview! x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Did you hear back from Reading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJG1991)
    Hi! Did you hear back from Reading?
    yes i have! they emailed saying i have an offer but they say they can't give an official offer yet because they haven't been accredited yet. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    yes i have! they emailed saying i have an offer but they say they can't give an official offer yet because they haven't been accredited yet. What about you?
    Amazing, well done!

I only had my interview on Saturday so we'll see. How long did you wait in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJG1991)
    Amazing, well done!

I only had my interview on Saturday so we'll see. How long did you wait in the end?
    good luck then! ohhh quite a few weeks! I was sure I hadn't gotten in 😂

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know how lenient universities are with A Level grades for SLT? I really want to go to UoM but I'm worried I might just miss my grades, so I haven't made my track decisions yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieconnor)
    Hi, does anyone know how lenient universities are with A Level grades for SLT? I really want to go to UoM but I'm worried I might just miss my grades, so I haven't made my track decisions yet.
    Not sure if it's changed much in recent years (I am in my 4th and final year) but they used to be pretty strict compared to the more usual degrees. When I started I know one girl who got AAC for A2 level and was declined by her first choice (ABB) but got into her 2nd choice who wanted BBB,

What options do you have? What grades do they want and what do you realistically think you will get?

Best to make wise choices - go for your preferred first option but have a sensible insurance choice if you can.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Not sure if it's changed much in recent years (I am in my 4th and final year) but they used to be pretty strict compared to the more usual degrees. When I started I know one girl who got AAC for A2 level and was declined by her first choice (ABB) but got into her 2nd choice who wanted BBB,

What options do you have? What grades do they want and what do you realistically think you will get?

Best to make wise choices - go for your preferred first option but have a sensible insurance choice if you can.

Good luck.
    Thank you for this, I had a feeling they would be strict as an AHP course. They're wanting AAB, and I'm just worried I might miss out if I have a bad exam. My other two choices are both unconditionals, but I'm hoping to get more information at a UoM applicant day soon which might help the decision-making. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for this, I had a feeling they would be strict as an AHP course. They're wanting AAB, and I'm just worried I might miss out if I have a bad exam. My other two choices are both unconditionals, but I'm hoping to get more information at a UoM applicant day soon which might help the decision-making. Thank you!
    UoM was my insurance choice as I got an offer for BBB as I did the Manchester Access Programme through my college so got a reduced offer. Luckily results day for A2 went really well so ended up at my first choice.

Good luck and have faith in yourself. Can't believe my uni days are nearly behind me!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering if anyone who’s applied for BCU has their offer letter yet? I was told in January through UCAS track that I have an offer but still have no letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    UoM was my insurance choice as I got an offer for BBB as I did the Manchester Access Programme through my college so got a reduced offer. Luckily results day for A2 went really well so ended up at my first choice.

Good luck and have faith in yourself. Can't believe my uni days are nearly behind me!
    That's amazing, good for you! It must be strange having it all almost over with... Thank you so much for your help again.

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing, good for you! It must be strange having it all almost over with... Thank you so much for your help again.
    Don't know where the time has gone - uni has flown by!

Good luck in your exams and your choices,

ReputationRep:
    I am a 39 year old doing an access course and planning to study SLT at Leeds Beckett this September - my second attempt at a degree, twenty years later. I also had offers at Manchester and Manchester Met, but accepted Leeds Beckett. Very daunting! -Dom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominiccarroll)
    I am a 39 year old doing an access course and planning to study SLT at Leeds Beckett this September - my second attempt at a degree, twenty years later. I also had offers at Manchester and Manchester Met, but accepted Leeds Beckett. Very daunting! -Dom
    Good for you! When I studied SLT, about 70% of my cohort were mature students (25+) so you probably won't be alone!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.